• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
A 64 year old Veteran arrived "homeless" in Seaside/30A/Central Square last
night looking for work. He is in good physical condition, rides a bike, and has everything he owns on his bike and back. He has a culinary degree and various skills includiing painting. He even has his paint tools with him. He slept on a picnic bench by the Westerly Side Airstream. If you have a place you can give him to sleep or just blankets, sleeping bag, tent, food, donations, etc....you can find him at the picnic
benches. His name Bourdeux! Also if you know of any work for him.

Thanks!

Danielle

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Suggestion for bourdeaux!

How sad, for this American Hero!:sosad: Please, somebody help Bourdeux, ASAP! I'm out of state, or I'd go searching for him and try to help! Someone, please get him to ck with ST Joe. They offer employee housing, in the area! Surely, they could use his Culinary skills, at one of their restaurants!
A 64 year old Veteran arrived "homeless" in Seaside/30A/Central Square last
night looking for work. He is in good physical condition, rides a bike, and has everything he owns on his bike and back. He has a culinary degree and various skills includiing painting. He even has his paint tools with him. He slept on a picnic bench by the Westerly Side Airstream. If you have a place you can give him to sleep or just blankets, sleeping bag, tent, food, donations, etc....you can find him at the picnic
benches. His name Bourdeux! Also if you know of any work for him.

Thanks!

Danielle

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Seriously rude! :angry:

Though if he can pass one, that combined with his ability to actually cross 30-A using the bike path puts him far ahead of most of Sowal IMO.

Beach Geeks

Beach Lover
I honestly don't understand why society assumes that just because someone is homeless, means that they are an addict, or an alcoholic. Life is hard sometimes, and sometimes bad things happen to good people. It amazes me how many people pass judgement. Judge not.........

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I don't understand it either...but, they will always be among us, apparently.

Does Walton County have a homeless shelter? or anyplace that might help this person?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I honestly don't understand why society assumes that just because someone is homeless, means that they are an addict, or an alcoholic. Life is hard sometimes, and sometimes bad things happen to good people. It amazes me how many people pass judgement. Judge not.........

Especially given the current economy and foreclosure rate!

We've all got homeless neighbors right now BTW - living in cars, with friends or relatives, and they've got their kids with them too!

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
People sometimes assume things because of their own experiences. We ALL make judgments about people every day. Many homeless people have addiction problems and/or mental issues. Not necessarily this gentleman, but it is no stretch that this is often the case. Instead of this thread taking a disapproving tone towards others who aren't as caring and understanding as you, go to Seaside and do what you can IN PERSON. Your kind words and judgmental attitude benefit no one.