• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

suebee

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
Possibly interested in renting for a week at Camp Creek. Love the beach, and golf. Why should we consider Camp Creek? If one rents there, are there "perks" for the golf course>? How far to the gulf beach? Suggestions for rentals for 6+ adults? (two are 20 something kids!) Exactly where is Camp Creek located (generally familiar with Grayton, Gulf Trace, Seaside, Seacrest, and overall Destin area)
Thanks bunches....can't wait to return to the gulf this summer!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Re: Camp Creek

Where in Camp Creek? There are several communities and rentals in that area. I think anyone can pay per day at Camp Creek Golf Course at this time and that it's not yet limited to club memberships. They have a website and you can see the rates or get the phone number and contact them.

suebee

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
Re: Camp Creek

Looking at renting at Cottages at Camp Creek, or possibly Old Florida Village in Santa Rosa. How far are these neighborhood from the beach? Any pros and cons for either neighborhood would be appreciated. We've stayed multiple places in Destin, plus Gulf Trace and Grayton in the past, but were interested in exploring other options. No longer do we HAVE to be on the beach, but wouldn't want to walk more than 1-2 blocks, and having available beach service is important, so we don't have to lug stuff.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
SueBee,

Old Florida Village homes (North side of 30-A) would be more than 1 or 2 blocks. They may provide a golf cart though. ?

Paula or CCK should be able to provide good info on Camp Creek Cottages.

Some Old Florida Cottages (Beachside behind Goatdeathers) would be a couple blocks from beach and have views.

:welcome:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Hi Suebee:

I just sent you a private message because we have two 3-bedroom cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek (which we're very happy with). I've given you the VRBO links that describe the community, area, and the cottages. We're on the East End of 30A near Rosemary Beach, Seacrest Beach Development, Villages of South Walton, and the new Alys Beach. I'm sure Old Florida Villages is very nice and it's on the West end of 30A. Someone here can give you some links to places at Old Florida Village. Maybe Kurt has some virtual tours of places at Old Florida Village.

What specifically are you looking for in a rental?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
I checked online and saw that Old Florida Cottages and Old Florida Village seem to be different communities, But I'm not sure. We must have people on this discussion group who have places or know of Old Florida Village. It's fun to get to know the different places, and I'll really have to drive around and see some of these communities. All seem to be very nice and it's really a matter of what's the right match for you in terms of cottage size/ammenities/size/cost and location.