• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chollington

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2009
Defuniak Springs
My husband and I are looking at lots in the Freeport and Santa Rosa Beach areas and would love to find one with Owner Financing. We own a house in Defuniak Springs and are looking to build in Freeport in the next 3-5 years. Please let me know if you, or someone you know is interested. We are interested in a 1/2 acre or bigger, but would really look at anything. Thanks!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Make sure it is not a deal where if you default they keep your money and the land.

One of Papa Scooterbug's hunting buddies has "sold" his land several times but still owns it because of those.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Make sure it is not a deal where if you default they keep your money and the land.

One of Papa Scooterbug's hunting buddies has "sold" his land several times but still owns it because of those.

If a commercial bank finances the land and you default, they keep your money and the land. It shouldn't be any different if someone decides to finance it themselves. All of this is outlined in the mortage and promissory note.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
My husband and I are looking at lots in the Freeport and Santa Rosa Beach areas and would love to find one with Owner Financing. We own a house in Defuniak Springs and are looking to build in Freeport in the next 3-5 years. Please let me know if you, or someone you know is interested. We are interested in a 1/2 acre or bigger, but would really look at anything. Thanks!

What's your price range? And what else would you like to have with this property....private dock? I have one lot in Freeport and know of several others that might do owner financing.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington

PM me, I have a lot off of Bay Loop (near the Bay and abuts Beatrice Creek.) 3/4 acre wooded with oaks. Asking $75,000 owner financing term negotiable.

chollington

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2009
Defuniak Springs
Price range really depends on lot location, size, etc... We would like to stay under $30,000. I don't really want anything ON the water because of insurance rates, but if the price is right, we will look into anything.

Last edited:

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Price range really depends on lot location, size, etc... We would like to stay under $30,000. I don't really want anything ON the water because of insurance rates, but if the price is right, we will look into anything.

I really don't think you are going to have to worry about waterfront
if you want to stay under $30.000.00, at least on the gulf coast ;)

Now, if you were interested in lakefront land on a midwestern lake.
I have several parcels ranging from 5 acres to 27 acres that I will
finance for 30 years fixed, no ballon, no pre-payment. Also, this is
not a "land contract' or 'contract for deed;" You get a warranty
deed and even owner's title insurance (as long as you pay for it.)

Mostly wooded. 7,800 acre Corp of Engineers lake.

Starting @ $29,900.00 with 10% down

Sorry, no sugar-white sand. (but no oil, either)

Capricious

chollington

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2009
Defuniak Springs
Capricious- I totally knew that! :) Also, I would love to purchase land from you on a lake!!...... (If I wanted to move across the country for the 1st time in my life being 6 months pregnant!) ;) We are really just looking for a good deal in the area. I have found quite a few lots in the area in our price range, but no owner financing.