• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Why they pick the start of tourist season is beyond me but DOT has announced that they will start the repaving of 331 from US Highway 90 to south of the Interstate the week of May 10th. All work will be done from 7PM to 7AM so plan accordingly. They are going to install a light at Coy Burgess Loop, just south of the Interstate, and I sure hope they do something to extend that merging to south of all the fast food places.

The project is expected to take six months.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Why they pick the start of tourist season is beyond me but DOT has announced that they will start the repaving of 331 from US Highway 90 to south of the Interstate the week of May 10th. All work will be done from 7PM to 7AM so plan accordingly. They are going to install a light at Coy Burgess Loop, just south of the Interstate, and I sure hope they do something to extend that merging to south of all the fast food places.

The project is expected to take six months.

I've heard that Walton County doesn't have many fans at the state level and always assumed they did this to spite us.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
So they will be repaving the main access/egress route during our high tourist/travel season AND during the ENTIRE hurricane season? :bang:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Maybe the motivaton is to cause enough of a problem so that area road projects and bridges will receive higher priority.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Wonderful. Are they still working on 331 just north of the bridge too?

My poor co-workers...