• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
Just saw Publix weekly ad and was very surprised to see that they are offering $10 off the purchase of a $50 BP Gas card with the purchase of $25 in groceries. Evidently they don't watch/read the news!?! :blink:

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Maybe BP is trying to offer incentives to keep people from boycotting BP. 20% discount on gas is pretty good, considering that the difference in two cents per gallon on competing gas stations' signs, sways people one way or the other.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
So Not Cool Publix

What are they partners with BP? Not a cool move Publix. You don't need to lose customers do you? keep it up and I will shop elsewhere.:angry:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't know the details of the promo, but I do know that our local Publix is helping collect items for Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge saturday.

Don't jump to condemn them for a promo that may predate the spill.

PTYAYA

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2009
Publix has run this promotion several times. It has nothing to do with the spill. Are you getting your gasoline at Tom Thumb at the Citgo tank?

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Boycotting local large chain stores actually only hurts the locals that work there.

Publix the corporation, if you research them, is as dirty at times as BP, Wal-Mart and even Disney. Every huge company has skeletons in their closet.

By boycotting the local store you will have no affect on the corporation, but will hurt the hard working locals who have no say in corporate policy, such as gas coupons.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
While waiting in check out line the other week in Publix, I happened to notice two guys looking at stuff on a display near the check out. The entire display appeared to be gift cards for nearly every national chain and major company. They have every gift card from Best Buy to TGI Friday's. It wouldn't be surprising that they have gas company cards too.

I hear people talking about boycotting BP and laugh a little inside at the idea of really being able to do that. Even if you don't fill YOUR tank at BP, you are still supporting BP when you buy produce at a grocery store, which gets their deliveries made by a truck which uses BP gas, and from the farmer who may buy their diesel fuel for their tractors from BP. If it isn't coming from BP, it may come from another oil company who buys wholesale from BP.

What are the reasonable alternatives? Exxon? Citgo? Chevron? If you really want to boycott BP, it might be best done by living a self-sustaining life in the woods.