• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Does anyone know what is going on with the Seagrove Villas and Motel? I thought it had sold and was going to be torn down for a beach club for something and then I heard someone bought it and it was renovated and going to be reopened. I was down there a few weeks ago and it looked like it was open for business but there was a for sale sign out front. Just curious as I have stayed there and love it.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Does anyone know what is going on with the Seagrove Villas and Motel? I thought it had sold and was going to be torn down for a beach club for something and then I heard someone bought it and it was renovated and going to be reopened. I was down there a few weeks ago and it looked like it was open for business but there was a for sale sign out front. Just curious as I have stayed there and love it.

There's an entire thread on this. Do a search. Loads of info.

n a nutshell, the developers went under, and besides, what they were proposing was contrary to covenents on the property. The motel IS open, and the property IS for sale, and it's likely we haven't seen the end of the legal issues regarding its future use. The covenents say it must revert to single-family if redeveloped, if I recall correctly.