• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
My husband and I got back last week from a whirlwind tour of the Caribbean

OK, it was a cruise, a really nice cruise, but that doesn't sound nearly as cool and debonair as "whirlwind tour" did :cool:

Anywho, we visited Grenada, Aruba, Dominica, Bonaire and St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, San Juan, St. John, etc......On EVERY one of these beautiful destinations, we sought out secluded beaches away from the other cruise nerds.
On every island we went to, we were in total agreement that if you piled all those beaches into one spectacular beach, it still could never hold a candle to the beauty and feelings of well-being we get in Grayton, 30a. (well, Dominica was spectacular, but, WTF, they don't have a Donut Hole?)

So I know it's not just the beaches that make your area so special. There's something else there that soothes my soul. And it quite possibly could be the donuts. (used to be the pithviers at Fabrice, &^%$ him for leaving!)

Last edited:

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
Palm Beach in Aruba is spectacular. We just got back Saturday.

What cruise line did you take? Did you leave out of San Juan?

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Palm Beach in Aruba is spectacular. We just got back Saturday.

What cruise line did you take? Did you leave out of San Juan?

Princess out of San Juan. Aruba was our least favorite, next to Old San Juan -- YUK. Shell Island could kick Palm Beach's ass* in a street fight:clap: We did go to a funny place on Eagle Beach, the Aruba Beach Club, for a drink and a dip. The average age at the bar was about 78, Frank Sinatra was blasting, they were older singles mingling, and we loved it there! People with history are way cool.

*can I say ass on here?

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
I wasn't sure if I could say ass on here or not. I assume if I use the word ass as a description of an animal or as a general body part, it is okay to say ass. But if using it to describe, say, another driver, or go further into detailed portions of that body part, the ass, to describe an ex-president, that might be prohibited.