• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
We have our tickets from Nashville to the new Airport at PCB (call letters are ECP) and we are excited to fly down to our house at Inlet Beach. We are looking forward to save time, however now money worries me. Our first inquiry for a taxi to carry us from the new airport to Inlet beach was met with a reply for $60, one way. That's $120 both ways, far more than it costs in gas to drive down to PCB from Nashville. Given these prices, I don't care if it is a quicker trip to fly, I can better afford to drive.

Anyone know of an inexpensive taxi or shuttle service to and from the new airport to Inlet Beach?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No - and I would love to see a cheaper shuttle service - even if it was a bus to a general drop-off instead of door to door service.

Pretty ridiculous that it is cheaper for me to drive to the airport and pay to park my car for 2 weeks than to take a shuttle.

jhanes

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2009
Lebanon, TN
I agree....the price is prohibitive. Since the flights into the airport are only a few times a day you'd think a shuttle van or bus could transport several customers and simply have drop points along 30a. By splitting the cost over a dozen or so people the cost could come down considerably. Any entrepreneurs out there?

jhanes

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2009
Lebanon, TN
Another thought for those of us who might be traveling frequently....how about a long-term auto storage facility near the airport. We could store a car there and pick it up when we fly in?

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
The airport authority announced a new car rental company yesterday, making it about 5 rental companies now. If you stay a week, the rental costs may still be more than you want to spend. I would think that an affordable shuttle will soon be chomping at the bit to fill that need.

Scooterbug, IICR, long term parking at new airport will be a max of $11 per day.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Why so $$? :dunno:

Pensacola is $8.50 a day and VPS is $7 a day.

Haven't seen shuttle rates posted for the new PC airport yet, but based on their other rates, even at $11 a day I would have to park for over a week to make it cheaper.

I understand that the distances and door to door etc. make it more expensive, but I would totally wait 30 - 60 minutes for a bus that would drop me somewhere in Sowal. Much easier to find someone to take 20 minutes to pick you up at a stop and drop you at your house than that has the free time to set aside 3 hours for an airport run.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
We really do need an off site parking facility, or a park and ride somewhere intermediate. Anyone have a few acres of land zoned commercial?

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Taxi and Shuttle Service

Ok, I've called around and there are less expensive taxi and shuttle services to and from the new airport. I feel better.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Parking is $11/day? Economy here is $10/day. And, you get some exercise.