• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Keith Scott

Beach Crab
Mar 22, 2010
I don't want to sound too skeptical, but that sure doesn't look like 70 pounds to me...nice fish though! ;)

44 inch girth 51 inch length 7 reds :rotfl: over 50 and you must not fish much no story probably over 75 ! my waist is 33 inches and he was 11 inches wider !

EDIT: Someone, (my son) uploaded the wrong photo, HAHA..

Anyway, it's been fixed.

Last edited:

Astara

Beach Comber
Mar 3, 2010
44 inch girth 51 inch length 7 reds :rotfl: over 50 and you must not fish much no story probably over 75 ! my waist is 33 inches and he was 11 inches wider !

Anyway, it's been fixed.

THAT had to be fun to reel in!

croixbum

Banned
Jun 15, 2009
West Point, MS

Anyway, it's been fixed.

I have been fishing for almost 60 years, 10 on the surf. I must congratulate you on the catch, I caught one similar last year at night, it appears that you know what you are doing, I respectfully disagree on the weight though, maybe scales would be in order, that way there is no question. Considering the Florida record is around 51 I think and Al record is 40 something, 70 seems like a stretch. If it in fact was 70 you should have had it weighed and certified. I will be down in 2 weeks and hope that I can catch half what you did, you need to share your bait and technique, again, it certainly was a good catch. :cool:

firemanjimg

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2008
Maybe Florida Fish and Game should look at this picture, I thought the legal limit was 27".
He caught a big old bull that is protected because they help breed more. Unless of course his catch was "catch and release"