• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
PBS show about Florida airs tonight 8 eastern 7 central

I wasn't sure where to post this, especially since I haven't even seen the show yet to comment on it. I just got this notice because of our Florida Green Building Coalition membership, and thought some Hands Across the Sand folks might want to tune in to this PBS show tonight:

"Imagining a New Florida" premieres May 13, 2010, at 8 p.m. EST on mos t Florida PBS stations. This one-hour program looks at how our car-dependent lifestyle amid sprawl development is causing social isolation, as well as taking a toll on the environment and the pocketbook. It explores how Floridians might chart a new path towar ds sustainable growth and a better quality of life.

http://www.flahum.org/index.cfm/do/Media.NewFlori da_MediaKit

Caroling

Beach Fanatic

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Hands Across The Sand National Protest is coming to a beach near you on June 26

Join hands with the Coastal United States on June 26th for a National Hands Across The Sand protest. Join Hands with us to say No to offshore oil drilling and Yes to clean energy and renewables.

Sierra Club, Audubon, Surfrider Association, Oceana and others are partnering with me to create the largest anti-offshore drilling protest in our Nations history. A quickly growing list of coastal states including Virginia, New Jersey, California, Georgia, Louisiana and Florida are already in the initial planning stages. I am updating the website this weekend to reflect our expanding role in this issue of critical National and local importance.

Now is the time to draw the largest line in the sand ever to help our nation turn the corner towards a cleaner energy policy for our future.

Join Hands on June 26th.

Step 1. Go to the beach at 11:00 in your time zone

Step 2. At 12:00 noon, join hands and form lines in the sand against offshore oil drilling

Step 3. Have Fun, it's the beach! Leave only your footprints

Dave Rauschkolb

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:bang:I will be in Louisville that day, but there is actually some sand on the banks of the Ohio. Might be an interesting photo opp.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I wasn't sure where to post this, especially since I haven't even seen the show yet to comment on it. I just got this notice because of our Florida Green Building Coalition membership, and thought some Hands Across the Sand folks might want to tune in to this PBS show tonight:

"Imagining a New Florida" premieres May 13, 2010, at 8 p.m. EST on mos t Florida PBS stations. This one-hour program looks at how our car-dependent lifestyle amid sprawl development is causing social isolation, as well as taking a toll on the environment and the pocketbook. It explores how Floridians might chart a new path towar ds sustainable growth and a better quality of life.

http://www.flahum.org/index.cfm/do/Media.NewFlori da_MediaKit

Did you watch it? I am trying to find a link so that I can watch it online since I my tv isn't hooked up to receive any stations.

Thanks for any help locating this.

G