• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
We are in Bungalows at Seagrove. Where is the nearest and best place to recycle a lot of cardboard?

I might be able to take some off your hands for lasagna gardening purposes. Please describe the carboard (all kraft? printed? slick finish? colored inks? large, medium or small boxes?)

If you decide you want to learn lasagna gardening and keep the cardboard for your own uses, well good luck to you. It's lots of fun!

BonTempsBungalow

Beach Comber
May 12, 2009
I might be able to take some off your hands for lasagna gardening purposes. Please describe the carboard (all kraft? printed? slick finish? colored inks? large, medium or small boxes?)

If you decide you want to learn lasagna gardening and keep the cardboard for your own uses, well good luck to you. It's lots of fun!

We have every kind, shape and size but are recycling it every time we leave the house.

404-725-4174 if you want to look or if you want us to drop some off.

We have one garden basket of tomatoes, basil, oregano, etc. It is on vacation at our neighbor's house in Atlanta.

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Susan, what is lasagna gardening?

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
North Lake,

Lasagna gardening is a way of composting and growing stuff at the same time. You lay down layers of browns, greens, water, lime, rock phosphate, manures, etc., watering each layer. Top with a layer of dirt or good potting mix and then a layer of mulch like pinestraw. Plant seeds or transplants directly into the soil layer and voila, you are composting and growing stuff in the same space at the same time. You can do it over grass, in containers, whatever.

At Walton Outdoors, there's a video and article about making an herb spiral, which is also a kind of lasagna/container gardening, the brick spiral structure serving as a giant pot for planting herbs, flowers, greens, whatever.

BonTempsBungalow

Beach Comber
May 12, 2009
What you shouldn't do is take it to a county recycling trailer. They are clearly marked "no cardboard".

There is a cardboard recycling container at what I like to call the Panama City Military Industrial Complex across from the Taco Bell on 98. We have taken a lot of it there but still have plenty!

Last edited:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
What you shouldn't do is take it to a county recycling trailer. They are clearly marked "no cardboard".

The trailers accept "Corrugated cardboard" according to walton county's site -

Walton County, FL - Home Page - Recycling

I recycle cardboard boxes all the time in the paper dumpters and through the now defunct blue bag program.. which I still use by purchasing my own bloe bags through amazon.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Tonight I recycled cardboard in the parking lot of Pandora's. I really know how to vacation!
I really hope that you arent the person that loaded the dumpster (NOT a recycling one) where i work (NOT Pandoras) without permission, completely full of unmarked cardboard. Now all of our garbage wont fit, we have to wait another week before pick up, and the employees have to go out in pairs to make sure that bears arent feasting on the bags sitting on top of all the cardboard.