• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jbtcardfan

Beach Comber
Apr 19, 2009
We've been to Destin 3-4 times over the last 15+ years, but never to Seagrove. What's the best route from the north?

We prefer staying on I-65 past Montgomery to Georgiana, AL, then cutting over and down from there, but are willing to try different route.

We went to Indian Pass last year and the traffic around Montgomery and down through Troy, Enterprise and Dothan wasn't pretty....would prefer to skip getting off 65 at Montgomery, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We've been to Destin 3-4 times over the last 15+ years, but never to Seagrove. What's the best route from the north?

We prefer staying on I-65 past Montgomery to Georgiana, AL, then cutting over and down from there, but are willing to try different route.

We went to Indian Pass last year and the traffic around Montgomery and down through Troy, Enterprise and Dothan wasn't pretty....would prefer to skip getting off 65 at Montgomery, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

We exit at Georgiana and then take 55 North to 331 North to 98.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
We travel to Montgomery alot, and going down 231 to AL 87 in Troy which turns into Florida 81at the State line above Ponce De Leon. It is a relaxing ride and depending on time of day moves nicely. Also have traveled just south of Montgomery and turned on US 31 to Highland Home to 331 but there are some other smaller roads you have to travel on. BTW this is the way my Garmin sent me and it goes right by the car plant.

ReginaR

Beach Comber
65 to Georgiana used to work but so much of 331 is 4 lane divided we now save about a half hour by exiting 65 at exit 168 in Montgomery. Get on 331 and take it all the way to 98 in South Walton. Ignore all the small roads the Garmin may suggest.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
65 to Georgiana used to work but so much of 331 is 4 lane divided we now save about a half hour by exiting 65 at exit 168 in Montgomery. Get on 331 and take it all the way to 98 in South Walton. Ignore all the small roads the Garmin may suggest.

we second this suggestion. 65 to the exit for 331 in montgomery; 331 to 98; 98 to 395. we have been driving from ohio to seagrove for almost 20 years, and have tried several different routes. this is the best - and has been steadily getting better as 331 is improved.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We leave on Friday night so that we are in Florida nearly all day Saturday. Hate to miss a minute of it.
Staying on 65, we drive to the Pensacola exit, then head to Pensacola Beach and head east, following the beach as much as we can. We keep a blanket in the van and have taken a nap on the beach, early in the morning. We have a lot of fun with it.
Seem to end up at the Back Porch for lunch, then work our way to 30A. By then it is close to check-in. It makes for a long day - getting up at 6:00 am to go to work on Friday then hitting the road around 10:00 pm, but it is fun.
Love seeing the rocket ship in Alabama, but my favorite rest stop is the 3rd one with the evergreens. We go to Birmingham alot so it's not until we get to that one that we know we are heading to Florida.
Going back we reverse the route. It does take long, but we want to enjoy ever moment we can. It's a nice gradual good bye to the beach. I hate heading directly north and leaving the beach behind in seconds.
Can't wait. Ellen

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
we second this suggestion. 65 to the exit for 331 in montgomery; 331 to 98; 98 to 395. we have been driving from ohio to seagrove for almost 20 years, and have tried several different routes. this is the best - and has been steadily getting better as 331 is improved.

This is the route that I used to take a few years ago until I discovered the Georgiana route. I'm coming down on Friday and think I may try this again. :wave:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I've run both the Georgiana and all-331 routes a lot of times. The Georgiana route FEELS faster, because you spend more time on 65, humming along at freeway speeds. But, it's farther (look at a map and you'll see why), and I find that the actual travel time is about the same or ever so slightly in favor of 331.

Either one will be fine.