• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I've been to them all.

Pizza Bar wins due to:
  • Wood-oven crispness
  • Quality of toppings (the homemade fennel sausage, the veggies on the "Farmer's Market," the fresh basil, etc.)
  • Salads -- the Caprese is simple exquisite, not a bag salad as one one get elsewhere
  • Appetizers -- the filetti is the best piece of grouper on 30A, without a doubt
  • Drinks -- excellent wine list
  • Service -- excellent because even if you are ordering a pizza, the staff treats you like you're at a world-class restaurant
  • Value for dollar -- yes
  • Atmosphere -- white-tablecloth atmosphere even though it's a pizza place
One wedding blogger voted it "Best Restaurant on 30A," not just "Best Pizza on 30A."

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
BR, I love the Pizza Bar and consider one of the top pizza places, but no way would I call it "white tablecloth." It's a good casual pizza place and the many families with kids keep it that way.

The wood oven certainly adds to the authentic pizza taste, but there does tend to be some um, extra crispiness sometimes.

The caprese, pizza, marinated artichokes, white beans etc. are all fabulous.

Anyone who is a true pizza connoisseur can't go wrong with Chan's, Amore, or Pizza Bar.

Though I must admit that almost all the local pizzas are a big step above the typical doughy piles of meat, canned toppings, and processed cheese claiming to be pizza one finds at most places.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
We like Pizza by the Sea, love their crust and the fact they don't drown it in sauce and the nicest staff you could ask for. :clap:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
We were there about a month ago (I am ready to come back) and experienced the Pizza Bar in Seaside for the first time. Wonderful pizza and the atmosphere on the outdoor, beachside was crazy good. No one here has mentioned Angelina's. We have come there for years and years and always get a take out from them at least once. I would say their pizza is sort of midwest traditional - kind of classic with great flavor. If it makes any sense sort of reminds me of pizza from the 60's where you would pick it up on the corrugated cardboard disc with the white paper bag puffed up on top so the pizza would not get soggy. Help me out, I have heard of Amore, where is it? For all of you down there tonight I am jealous!

flowerfriendly

Beach Comber
May 4, 2010
We were there about a month ago (I am ready to come back) and experienced the Pizza Bar in Seaside for the first time. Wonderful pizza and the atmosphere on the outdoor, beachside was crazy good. No one here has mentioned Angelina's. We have come there for years and years and always get a take out from them at least once. I would say their pizza is sort of midwest traditional - kind of classic with great flavor. If it makes any sense sort of reminds me of pizza from the 60's where you would pick it up on the corrugated cardboard disc with the white paper bag puffed up on top so the pizza would not get soggy. Help me out, I have heard of Amore, where is it? For all of you down there tonight I am jealous!
amore is on 393 and 30a in gulf place. its upstairs with a nice outdoor patio to overlook beautiful gulf place. i can understand why angelinas wasn't mentioned with all the newer pizza joints that have opened in the last few years. quality and hospitality have suffered a little there-unfortunatlly (spelling lesson needed!).