• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

stinkysbaitshack

Beach Comber
Apr 24, 2010
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still hiring. We are looking for salespeople for our retail store and bait shack, as well as early AM servers for the breakfast cafe coming soon. Just stop by the store anytime Monday - Friday between 12 noon and 4 PM to fill out an application.

5994 W County Hwy 30-A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-622-BAIT (2248)

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Dune-AHH, you are so right! The new bait shack is in the building the Lake Place was in. We were running into parking issues with the two restaurants right next to each other. So, in order to free up some parking spaces, we have temporarily closed The Lake Place while we search for a new location. Stinky's Fish Camp is still open right next door though!

Will the change free up parking so the valet doesn't have to back vehicles in on the Lake Place side and park on the bike path? Had a close call right around dark a month or so ago.

marykaci

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2010
:D Hi! i have stopped by the wonderful store several times this week to purchase wine etc. I will fill out another application tomorrow. I am very passionate about stinky's ( the food, the service, the atmosphere and the TRADITION of not changing things.....kepping food simple but ABSOLUTELY delicious!); and it is my dream to have ny type of postion that would be offered to me. THANK YOU!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still hiring. We are looking for salespeople for our retail store and bait shack, as well as early AM servers for the breakfast cafe coming soon. Just stop by the store anytime Monday - Friday between 12 noon and 4 PM to fill out an application.

5994 W County Hwy 30-A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-622-BAIT (2248)

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Will the change free up parking so the valet doesn't have to back vehicles in on the Lake Place side and park on the bike path? Had a close call right around dark a month or so ago.

I guess not, I had to ride my bike into the roadway this evening. The white cones are a nice touch though...:dunno:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I guess not, I had to ride my bike into the roadway this evening. The white cones are a nice touch though...:dunno:

I hear ya. I do not understand how what I consider a public sidewalk can legally be blocked every evening for parking.

Knowing that Stinky's is reading this thread, let's allow them an opportunity to respond.

Hello Stinky's! We all got a question for you. Thanks!

stinkysbaitshack

Beach Comber
Apr 24, 2010
Enfuego, I apologize for any inconvenience our parking cones have given you. I just printed out this thread and took it to management next door, at the restaurant. They will talk to valet tonight about not obstructing the sidewalk with our parking cones.

As of right now, we do still need valet, in order to make sure all of our diners can get a parking spot. However, we don't want that to infringe on your nightly stroll or bike ride. I hope pulling the cones back a bit helps. Thank you for the feedback.

Ash, thank you for giving us time to respond. I was out of the store Thursday and Friday.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Enfuego, I apologize for any inconvenience our parking cones have given you. I just printed out this thread and took it to management next door, at the restaurant. They will talk to valet tonight about not obstructing the sidewalk with our parking cones.

As of right now, we do still need valet, in order to make sure all of our diners can get a parking spot. However, we don't want that to infringe on your nightly stroll or bike ride. I hope pulling the cones back a bit helps. Thank you for the feedback.

Ash, thank you for giving us time to respond. I was out of the store Thursday and Friday.

Thank you very much for the follow up. Pulling the cones back a bit helps but it is really not about the cones. I watched the valet guys park the large SUVs in the driveway opening and they back them up at least half-way across the path (last night) so it is more of a vehicle obstruction. Just want to be a good neighbor. Someone may not be as neighborly and just decide they were "injured"...I would hate to see a 30 A icon get wrapped up in something like that.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I watched the sun set near Stinky's last night and need to report that the cars were parked within the parking lot allowing full access of the sidewalk. Thank you Stinky's and your valet service for giving that extra little bit that makes a difference in our little neighborhood.

I'll be visiting your place a little more often as my show of appreciation.

grayton bunny

Beach Comber
Dec 16, 2006
I am very interested in the retail sales position, is it still available? I have many years of retail exp. - If it is still open i will be by there tomorrow to fill out an application.