• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Growing up in a small town, lacking things to do, I know a guy who got his kicks from putting a red flashing light in the car and would wait for someone to drive down the road fairly fast, and he would hit the red flashing light and whip around the car just to scare people into thinking they were about to get a ticket. That was probably illegal, but just his way of having fun. Needless to say, he was arrested for pulling up all of the newly placed street signs in an entire neighborhood, while still in high school, and more recently, as an "adult," he was charged with embezzling money from his employer, by making up fictitious employees, and punching their time clocks and collecting their checks. Hmmm. Who would have thought it?!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Question - the reason I have the dispatch # in my phone to begin with is because there was a problem with this some time ago and the Sheriff issued a press release that Aleo posted here.

Was that this same guy?

Beach Princess

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
Here, There and Everywhere
Question - the reason I have the dispatch # in my phone to begin with is because there was a problem with this some time ago and the Sheriff issued a press release that Aleo posted here.

Was that this same guy?

It might very well be! He stepped in front of (and stopped) my husband's (and my) vehicle back in early April and questioned my husband about the speed limits.:pissed: Then this happens to me! AGAIN, thank you to the angels watching over me.
If you can find the press release, please post it. It might trigger people's memories and we can facilitate the case against him... Thank you Scooter!

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It might very well be! He stepped in front of (and stopped) my husband's (and my) vehicle back in early April and questioned my husband about the speed limits.:pissed: Then this happens to me! AGAIN, thank you to the angels watching over me.
If you can find the press release, please post it. It might trigger people's memories and we can facilitate the case against him... Thank you Scooter!

http://www.sowal.com/bb/all-about-sowal/39736-fake-cop-press-release.html

This was from September of '09. White guy in ball cap but green Impala.

Rereading that thread, I definitely think it deserves a resurrection.

Mama Scooterbug spent years counseling women who were not as savvy as BeachPrincess and this story could have have a very different ending.

I was taught that the cops will always welcome a call from you to check on something that seems off - and that has also been explicitly stated by the WCSO.

Last edited:

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
The kids would always come hope complaining that this guy acted like a cop at school. He would hang with the SRO and try to interrogate other kids that were roaming in the halls and stuff. Way back in the day, when I was in high school, we called those kids Narcs. This kid took it to another level...even in school trying to intimidate other kids who he thought were breaking the rules.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The kids would always come hope complaining that this guy acted like a cop at school. He would hang with the SRO and try to interrogate other kids that were roaming in the halls and stuff. Way back in the day, when I was in high school, we called those kids Narcs. This kid took it to another level...even in school trying to intimidate other kids who he thought were breaking the rules.

I think every community has its 'wannabe's' When i was a police dispatcher in my home town, we always got the rookies and you could tell they didn't really want to be cops to help people or uphold the law, they just wanted to have a badge and a gun. Lackoballs syndrome. :rotfl: