• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Alrighty then, I have talked to Sara about the jail and the current status and I guess I am getting a different story and unless she does something different than what she has told me, I will take her word for it. I know she did not like that the idea of the report being voted on with out an opportunity to review it, which she seems to have had the opportunity. Also, it seems that there are other forces at play here beside Brannon and they seems to be coming from the administration of the County. Example, when staff does not make a recommendation about a report, it would seem to me they should be addressing some of the issues yea or nay. IMO.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It sounds to me like sour grapes rather than some shady conspiracy. IW, I think you hit it right on the button. The campaign has already started. I will say this in regard to the Dist. 4 campaign. Ro Cuchins has been there twice and, IMO, was a disaster for ordinary citizens both times. Sara, on the other hand, has never had anyone's interests at heart except us ordinary citizens and she listens to what we have to say.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Well if you are related to one of the top 2, have they bought a new truck, are they worried about their job, then you will know which one I am talking about.

Your last post was deleted. This forum is not for "he said, she said" posts intended to cause harm or hearsay about private citizens. We would like your factual and substantiated input, but naming names is not always helpful or necessary.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm just curious, exactly what part of accreditation has anything to do with budgeting? In fact I'm curious if anyone could post the criteria for accreditation. Is it a very stringent process or is it a matter of writing a check to the appropriate agency to get a certificate?

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Florida Corrections Accreditation Commission Web site says:

"A facility must submit an application to FCAC to participate in the accreditation process

After receiving the application, two copies of the agreement will be forwarded for review and signature.

The facility must submit the accreditation fee upon signing the agreement.
RATED CAPACITY FEE
0-49 $500
50-249 $1,000
250-1,000 $3,000
1,000+ $4,000
The facility will then have two years to come into compliance with all mandatory standards and not less than 90 percent of the non-mandatory standards.

Proof of compliance is determined by an assessment team sent by the Commission, conducting an on-site review of the agency's own policies, procedures and practices.

It is recommended that all agencies perform a "mock" assessment prior to the actual onsite. The selection of assessors for the mock team is determined solely by the candidate facility and all costs including meals, travel and per diem is borne by the facility.

Once accredited, facilities remain accredited for a period of three years. After the three year period they must be reaccredited."

Standards are on the Web site: www.flaccreditation.org under "corrections."

Last edited: