• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachesR4us

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2009
We just returned from another wonderful week at the beach. It was so beautiful. We had always stayed closer to Destin, staying in Gulf Trace was a whole new experience. We had never seen the ocean so "alive". We saw a seahorse, ray fish, a flounder, blue button jelly fish, and many other beautiful sea creatures. It was definately spring at the beach! We ate some incrediable food, found some wonderful shops, braved a kayak in the ocean, remembered how to ride bikes, learned that some kites fly themselves, and truely enjoyed the hospitality of 30A. Thanks to everyone for making this trip such a wonderful adventure! We can't wait to return!:clap:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Thanks for coming! Glad you had a great time.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Spread the word so we can continue our lives :wave:

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Wow! A seahorse??!! Where did you see it? I thought they usually hang around reefs and pilings.

beachesR4us

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2009
Seahorse

Wow! A seahorse??!! Where did you see it? I thought they usually hang around reefs and pilings.

The little guy came into shallow water clinging to some sea grass. Our 11 year old son found it. The seahorse was around 2 1/2 inches tall and completely black. We were so excited! He lived in a bucket for a few minutes so that all the kids on the beach could meet him, and then we returned him to his spot in the ocean. We were staying at Gulf Trace. He was in knee deep water.

beachesR4us

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2009
Gulf Trace

Gulf Trace is one of my favorite places to stay in the area. I love the privacy and the state park that surrounds!!!

It is my new favorite place on earth. There was NO traffic, but there were fun shops and excellent resturants close by. It was also convenient to have Yellowfin in the corner store. We have never stayed there before; it will be hard to stay anywhere else. :D

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We just returned from another wonderful week at the beach. It was so beautiful. We had always stayed closer to Destin, staying in Gulf Trace was a whole new experience. We had never seen the ocean so "alive". We saw a seahorse, ray fish, a flounder, blue button jelly fish, and many other beautiful sea creatures. It was definately spring at the beach! We ate some incrediable food, found some wonderful shops, braved a kayak in the ocean, remembered how to ride bikes, learned that some kites fly themselves, and truely enjoyed the hospitality of 30A. Thanks to everyone for making this trip such a wonderful adventure! We can't wait to return!:clap:

Wow. I want to see all that sea life. I've seen dolphins, fish, rays, ghost crabs, jelly fish and other sealife, but never a seahorse.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We were on the 21st floor balcony of a hotel in PCB last night- saw stingrays, a couple of sharks (between first and second sandbars), and a manatee! Now THAT was cool- I have heard about the manatees being here and there, but had not seen one yet! When we first saw it, we thought it was a super fat shark or a large weird shaped turtle, but then realized that it was a manatee.

That view of the gulf from way up is wonderful!

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
The little guy came into shallow water clinging to some sea grass. Our 11 year old son found it. The seahorse was around 2 1/2 inches tall and completely black. We were so excited! He lived in a bucket for a few minutes so that all the kids on the beach could meet him, and then we returned him to his spot in the ocean. We were staying at Gulf Trace. He was in knee deep water.

Any pics???? :wave: