• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FoX said:
Is it supposed to have closed - or might they still be doing feasability?
I heard the property had closed in April/May, but it is not showing up in the County's sales list. It is possible that a feasibility study may be ongoing -- you know how reliable 2nd hand info can be. The only thing that made me think that this story could be reality was that I heard specific details, and in the past, I have heard only general info.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Smiling JOe said:
I heard the property had closed in April/May, but it is not showing up in the County's sales list. It is possible that a feasibility study may be ongoing -- you know how reliable 2nd hand info can be. The only thing that made me think that this story could be reality was that I heard specific details, and in the past, I have heard only general info.

I guess there are ways to keep sales from being public.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Rumors do seem to abound when the words "theme park" are mentioned. People around here have been convinced for the last decade that Disney plans to purchase and manage the Texas Renaissance Festival, but so far I haven't seen any evidence of it.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We have been told by a planning authority in Okaloosa County that there will NOT be a Busch Gardens in Crestview. They did buy 2,500 acres and plan to develop it with residential developments, but at this time, there are no plans for a theme park.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Crestview is North of Niceville off of SR 85. About halfway between the gulf and the Alabama line.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
In recent years, Crestview was known for cheap new housing developments ( sometimes as low as $50/sf including lot until the early 00s) and an ugly cross buring incident in the late 90s. We looked up there, and could have had twice the square footage for what we paid for our house in Bluewater, but the cross thing weirded us out, and we'd already had one really bad experience living in the small town South.

The latest version of the rumor according to Mr. Mouse's assistant's realtor. (and could you possibly get more urban legend sounding than that, so believe what you will. I'm just having fun spreading the gossip):

The 600 acre residential development was a plan from 1998 that was never followed up on. That is now off the table. The new plan covers 2500 acres, and somehow involves a certain big-haired country singer who already has entertainment/theme park interests in Tennessee and Florida.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachmouse said:
In recent years, Crestview was known for cheap new housing developments ( sometimes as low as $50/sf including lot until the early 00s) and an ugly cross buring incident in the late 90s. We looked up there, and could have had twice the square footage for what we paid for our house in Bluewater, but the cross thing weirded us out, and we'd already had one really bad experience living in the small town South.

The latest version of the rumor according to Mr. Mouse's assistant's realtor. (and could you possibly get more urban legend sounding than that, so believe what you will. I'm just having fun spreading the gossip):

The 600 acre residential development was a plan from 1998 that was never followed up on. That is now off the table. The new plan covers 2500 acres, and somehow involves a certain big-haired country singer who already has entertainment/theme park interests in Tennessee and Florida.

The story I heard that lead me to start this thread, indicated TWO, not one, theme parks. Yes, one did involve a curvy, wig wearing lady who has a theme park. The other was better known for selling beer, the number one and number two brands sold in the USA. Seems like mucho theme parkos, but we need not look too far south to see other examples of multiple parks in one area.