• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
We were on the 21st floor balcony of a hotel in PCB last night- saw stingrays, a couple of sharks (between first and second sandbars), and a manatee! Now THAT was cool- I have heard about the manatees being here and there, but had not seen one yet! When we first saw it, we thought it was a super fat shark or a large weird shaped turtle, but then realized that it was a manatee.

That view of the gulf from way up is wonderful!

Isn't it?? A huge part of our visits down there constitute looking down from a high condo balcony to see whats hanging out, especially early in the morning. I almost always see sharks cruising around. Never a manatee, though. They hang around the marina all day down in Captiva. They look like huge potatoes!!!!!

beachesR4us

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2009
Manatee

Isn't it?? A huge part of our visits down there constitute looking down from a high condo balcony to see whats hanging out, especially early in the morning. I almost always see sharks cruising around. Never a manatee, though. They hang around the marina all day down in Captiva. They look like huge potatoes!!!!!

WOW! I would have loved to see the manatee!!