• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I am not threatened by conservative posts that are intelligent and classy. Disgusting and trashy, with no real factual basis, take it to Glenn Beck.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
sarawind....I remember when you were famous for your tortilla soup! :wave:

I like soup. I should eat more soup. Whenever I am at a loss for what to eat I pull the tab on a can of Campbell's Heart Healthy Sausage and Chicken Gumbo. It doesn't resemble gumbo much at all and doesn't have much sausage or chicken (which i think is good), which I guess is why it can be called heart healthy. I suspect the little bit of sausage may be Soylent Green, but it is delightfully chewy.

I like it because it doesn't really taste canned at all. Although the spoonful of chicken in the can tastes like chicken droppings so I eat around it and leave it in the bowl. I then place it out on a saucer in the yard for the bats. They go batty for chicken droppings. And mosquitoes. Or is it mosquitos? I'm feeling too lazy to google this morning but my gut tells me it's the former, and hey, my spell check confirms. Isn't Firefox cool?

But I digress from soup. I still like Campbell's tomato with a simple grilled cheese. If there is anyone out there who doesn't then I don't understand you. :lol:

But real home made soup can't be beat. Especially if you're feeling poorly or upset.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
I like soup. I should eat more soup. Whenever I am at a loss for what to eat I pull the tab on a can of Campbell's Heart Healthy Sausage and Chicken Gumbo. It doesn't resemble gumbo much at all and doesn't have much sausage or chicken (which i think is good), which I guess is why it can be called heart healthy. I suspect the little bit of sausage may be Soylent Green, but it is delightfully chewy.

I like it because it doesn't really taste canned at all. Although the spoonful of chicken in the can tastes like chicken droppings so I eat around it and leave it in the bowl. I then place it out on a saucer in the yard for the bats. They go batty for chicken droppings. And mosquitoes. Or is it mosquitos? I'm feeling too lazy to google this morning but my gut tells me it's the former, and hey, my spell check confirms. Isn't Firefox cool?

But I digress from soup. I still like Campbell's tomato with a simple grilled cheese. If there is anyone out there who doesn't then I don't understand you. :lol:

But real home made soup can't be beat. Especially if you're feeling poorly or upset.

sold. campbell's soup for breakfast it is.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

From soup to nuts! :D

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
sarawind....I remember when you were famous for your tortilla soup! :wave:

Hey, thanks for remembering. That Tortilla Soup is a hit every time. We had a lot of family over a few days ago for a Mexican food feast and there was not one drop of that soup left. Soup is really good for your soul.

My Mother always made chicken soup or vegetable soup when one of the family was sick.

I grew up in Georgia, in the Atlanta area and my grandparents had a HUGE vegetable garden and it fed the entire family of nineteen. At the time there was a women's prison nearby that canned food for all the prisons in Georgia. At certain times you could take your produce there and the inmates would can it for you for a nickel each can.

My mother had soup stock canned plus every kind of vegetable. However, the ladies at the prison did not label cans. You would get a list with numbers to correspond with numbers on the cans. My mother always lost the list so we were
forever opening 'mystery' cans. Good food, Good memories.

Sheila

SoWal Insider

Mmm...I love soup too. Although, I really adore a good clam chowder. Is chowder just a thick soup or is it entirely a different thing? I really don't like Manhattan clam chowder. The best chowder I ever had was in Monterrey CA. it was heaven in a bowl. Should I start a different thread about bisque? I don't want to get off topic. I really hate it when people hijack a thread by getting off topic.

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Mmm...I love soup too. Although, I really adore a good clam chowder. Is chowder just a thick soup or is it entirely a different thing? I really don't like Manhattan clam chowder. The best chowder I ever had was in Monterrey CA. it was heaven in a bowl. Should I start a different thread about bisque? I don't want to get off topic. I really hate it when people hijack a thread by getting off topic.

Getting off topic is just the flow of conversation. It happens.