• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
How do you know it is a good deal? Did you use a realtor? Does the home need work? I know you may not want to give us all of the details but I would be interested in how you arrived at it being such a good deal. I have heard people say that someone paid a lot more for it 4 years ago but that is not a foolproof method. Maybe price per foot is good? Is it gulf front? A condo? Just curious.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. It's not something tangible that you can get a group to look at and everyone agrees it's a great deal. It's an individual style and location and amenities and we all look at our bucket of cash differently.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
Hello All,

I first found this site with great excitement because my husband and I have a contract on a short sale house in the Miramar Beach area and then this stupid oil......

We are at a total loss as to if we should pull out of the deal. The bank has not officially signed anything so we'd get our deposit back. We were already getting a GREAT deal on the house and we are so disappointed and don't know what to do. This would be a second home but we'd rent it as well so we really dont want to buy anything if we and others arent going to be able to enjoy it.

Any words of encouragement y'all can offer me? TIA!

One thing you need to understand is that since you are buying AFTER the disaster stuck (is struck a word?) that you most likely would not be eligible for any compensation, etc. from BP since you bought with full knowledge of the oil "spill". Just something to keep in mind as you make your decision.

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Shelley doesn't live here anymore and so doesn't post.

Shelly was astute-enough to foresee the financial crisis.

Perhaps he also foresaw the oil coming and headed for greener pastures...

Or maybe he just got bored with this board.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not waving an "all clear" flag. Just always thought it was ironic as the market began to turn she decided to opt out.

He moved back to where he came. A place they don't have internet it seems. But as we know, all who come and leave, eventually return.

Then again, maybe some people really don't care about where they live or the people they meet and live among.

Backwards Crab

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2010
Atlanta
One thing you need to understand is that since you are buying AFTER the disaster stuck (is struck a word?) that you most likely would not be eligible for any compensation, etc. from BP since you bought with full knowledge of the oil "spill". Just something to keep in mind as you make your decision.

Except for the fact that we've had our offer in since March. Waiting on the bank for an answer.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
Except for the fact that we've had our offer in since March. Waiting on the bank for an answer.

I'm not a lawyer so you might want to consider asking one, but I suspect the date that matters is the settlement date -- when you sign legal documents and take ownership -- not the offer date.

I don't know if it matters, but it is something to consider in your decision.