• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
So, since the NCAA has voided USC's 2004 National Championship, should it go to Auburn, who finished #2 in the BCS Poll that year?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Don't you think someone should give Auburn a championship for just being a consistently good team. I mean, they have managed to go about twenty years or more without playing the 'Noles. They should get an award for pulling that off for that long... :cool:

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
IF the BCS strips the title it becomes vacated. They will not award it to someone else. There will be no champion for that year.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
I believe Auburn should be awarded the title. It makes no sense to leave the title vacant, where is the logic in that one???

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
I'm no Auburn fan but on this one they may have a point. I would rather see them get it late than have a vacant year.

I believe Auburn should be awarded the title. It makes no sense to leave the title vacant, where is the logic in that one???

If I were an Auburn fan I wouldn't touch that trophy with a 10-ft pole. 2004 is done. That's like winning by default.

To give you a very Southern example, it's like Miss America being de-throned and first runner-up taking her place. I guess you'd be excited, but deep down know the crown was never yours in the first place.

Keep those chins up Auburn fans, I hear you're closer to a National Championship more than you have been in recent years. It's only 159 miles away.

Sowal, I'm back. :wave:

In closing, Roll Tide.

Last edited:

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
Dear whiteyfunn,

You were dressed in orange and blue for the first 17 years of your life. As your cousin Meredith says, "I don't know where we went wrong."

I tried to raise you right but you went to the other side anyway.

War Eagle,

Momster