• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
when it was embarq i never had any trouble but the last 3 months centurytel has sucked for me. today my service went down 3 times for 1-3 min's each time. also i noticed it has been slow for months so i ran a speed test and its showing 3 meg were i pay for 10 meg. i called them and went threw many tests a few days ago and they said they would give to engineer and i would get automated message on what they did. i got no call and its still slow. i got a good 12 month promotion for mediacom and i might move my phone and net. any feed back on medicom high speed or feedback on others having problems with century tel appreciated

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
when it was embarq i never had any trouble but the last 3 months centurytel has sucked for me. today my service went down 3 times for 1-3 min's each time. also i noticed it has been slow for months so i ran a speed test and its showing 3 meg were i pay for 10 meg. i called them and went threw many tests a few days ago and they said they would give to engineer and i would get automated message on what they did. i got no call and its still slow. i got a good 12 month promotion for mediacom and i might move my phone and net. any feed back on medicom high speed or feedback on others having problems with century tel appreciated

I've noticed the same thing. Never had a problem with Embarq, but since the buyout I've had issues on several occasions. I haven't noticed anything today, though. I would consider going back to Mediacom, but they were TERRIBLE!!! I used to have outages for a day or two at a time with them.

guitarguy

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2010
I've had Mediacom for quite some time now and rarely have problems, the speed and reliability are great. There isn't a perfect cable provider ANYWHERE unfortunately, but if you experience issues with Mediacom they usually have someone out there who gets it fixed in a day or two (providing that its not vacation season, everyone is busy then) A lot of people don't consider these key points when complaining about a cable company. I personally would take cable over DSL any time!! Hope this helps!!

SDB-CenturyLink

Beach Crab
Jun 14, 2010

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with CenturyLink. I'll be more than happy to help you. Please email me at sharon@centurylink .com with details.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
I'll be e-mailing Sharon also. Mine is slow slow slow, and frequently shuts off for a minute or two.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Ray, did you have any luck getting help from Sharon at Century Link? I e-mailed her and did not get a reply.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
No i never got a response from sharon.I got a call from mediacom to get high speed for $5 a month for 1 year.at my primary home i have comcast and am running download speeds of 30 meg and i also have at@t running speeds near 15 meg. in the last 5 years i'd say each down maybe 2-3 times and never for more than 30 min's. bring embarq back as i was very happy with them.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
My CenturyLink/Embarq is extremely slow, barely operational for the past two days. Point Washington area.