• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
Have you tried the Publix ATM? It honors most networks, and they don't charge a fee, so if your bank doesn't charge a fee, you're set.

Our credit union is in Atlanta and has few ATMS, but Publix is always free for us.

I second this response, works for me and has for years and there is usually a Publix near by. I am also with a credit union in Atlanta.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sally's frontside (apologies to Sally) accepts cards- $10 minimum. Are you sure you can't use a card when patronizing her backside (again apologies)? Hahahahaha
With all apoligies duly accepted:D, I checked with Sally's frontside and was told that was correct...Sally's backside was not accepting plastic.:lolabove:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you need a credit union ATM and your CU is part of the big networks, I'd try one of the Army Aviation CU offices:

Santa Rosa Beach
200 Mack Bayou Rd
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Phone: 850-267-2163
Safe Deposit boxes available

Miramar Beach
106-B Miramar Plaza
12889 Emerald Coast Pkwy
Destin, FL 32550
Phone: 850-654-3087

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
While it may be less convenient for some diners, I can definitely see why a restaurant would be cash only.

Not only do credit card companies charge fees and/or take a percent cut, you also have the additional expenses of the machines to run the cards, extra receipts to print, phone lines to run the cards, and it takes staff longer to run cards (especially multiples).

That said, I think any cash only restaurant should give a computer printed receipt and have a no-fee ATM on site or nearby.

I have been using more cash lately as a combo of helping me budget, screw the credit card companies, and as a way to give more $ to local businesses during hard times.

My bank does not charge me any fees to use any ATM in the US, so if I need cash I go to the Publix's ATM for a $0 charge.

Another easy way to get cash is to do cashback at a place like Target or Publix if you are making a purchase.

jbtcardfan

Beach Comber
Apr 19, 2009
Acute? C'mon.
Suck it up. Hit the ATM at Red Bar like everyone else, spend the extra $3 banking fee and have the time of your life. You're on vacation for heaven sakes! :)

Dude, you're absolutely, 100% RIGHT!

Thanks, I needed that>