• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I finally figured out what to get someone for their birthday, someone that has everything. A really great beach lounger, but where do I find it? I have searched online and have some ideas. The kicker is I need it by Sunday......:blink: HELP! I need your advice.

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
The best beach chair I've ever bought, I got from Wal-Mart in Panama City. It was 4 years ago (sadly, I only get to use it 1 week a year) and it was $30 back then. My husband had a fit that I was spending that much, but it is sturdy, low to the grown WIDE enough for me and it has a cup holder :wave:

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I have a fabulous wooden and canvas beach chair with a cup holder and it's cute too from World Market. I have no idea if there are World Market stores in your area, they are kind of like Pier 1 Import stores but better, IMO. I know they have them this season as I was just admiring them a week or 2 ago.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
There's a World Market in Panama City that's right at Panama City Mall, and another one in Pensacola at Cordova Mall. And their prices for outdoor furniture seem to be reasonable for the quality offered.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
Sams club has the standard 5 position beach chair for 25.xx in red or blue. They are heavy duty chairs (300 LB) and also have a cup holder.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I love this thread...assuming we will still be able to sit on the beach, we are in dire need of another beach chair. Mine is good quality (invested in a good one due to my size) and holds me up well, but the last two I bought for my spouse or son broke within an hour. :roll:

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
I have a fabulous wooden and canvas beach chair with a cup holder and it's cute too from World Market. I have no idea if there are World Market stores in your area, they are kind of like Pier 1 Import stores but better, IMO. I know they have them this season as I was just admiring them a week or 2 ago.

Good idea, World Market should be a great store to shop for a good quality beach chair. Love that place.
Bed Bath & Beyond might have some good chairs to choose from too. Haven't checked lately. Great idea for a gift, Seagrovegirl, I hope you find the perfect one!

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I really like the beach chair I purchased last year at Alvin's Island in Panama City Beach next to the Old Miracle Strip. A great store. I wanted a chair that was easy to carry. This chair has a strap and a pocket. Great for that small box of wine, snacks, water, etc. Works well for those who don't want to cart everything but the kitchen sink to the beach. Comfortable, self contained. Haul in. Haul out. I don't often take a chair or anything to the beach. But, when I do, this is on my short list.