• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
We had 8 tickets in our hand. We went to Mobile, AL early this morning and stood in line. It was a ridiculous scene. Bad attitudes, screaming babies, and worst of all, SCALPERS. We wondered how long before tickets would show up on Ebay and Craigslist. They were already listed by 10:11 on both sites. You could walk around the corner and people had them for sale starting at $100.00 each. Outrageous, but not unexpected. We sent 4 tickets to friends out of state knowing they would rent rooms, eat out, drink (spend money there), and just gave the other 4 to a young family from Bayou La Batre, who had never seen Jimmy but were big fans. The whole thing was a great idea, but it left a lot of people sour. I being one of them. No JB for me this time, but the concert will air on CMT the same night. Please don't say manana if you don't mean it.

Chesney Fan

Beach Comber
Dec 28, 2009
I know it may not be obvious that I am a Kenny Chesney fan from my username, but I am. I was very excited when I heard about the benefit concert from a friend on Monday, and we had a hotel room rented that same day. Of course, when it came time to get tickets this morning, the group I was going with didn't get tickets. Yes, we were going to go spend money on a room, food, drinks and BENEFIT the community, however it seems that people who just don't care about the oil crisis snatched them all up first. Now, instead of being a benefit concert, it is a money making scheme. I am so angry with the lack of morals these ticket brokers have. And no, it is not all ticket brokers, but the people who got tickets and are now trying to sell them should be ashamed.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Well maybe the people selling the tickets are going to donate the money to....... oh yeah, never mind.

Humans have the incredible ability to take something good and absolutely screw it up.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I was on at 10 AM and entered my criteria, already signed in to my Ticketmaster account, and it told me I could expect to wait, 9, then 10, then 11, 12, 15 minutes and finally told me they were unable to locate any tickets int eh combination I had requested, and by the time I checked ebay around 10:20, there were at least 7 sets available for purchase on there. I'm not a violent person, but if I were, I think it would be humorous to go up to someone scalping "free" tickets at the venue with a video camera, engage them in a conversation about selling "free" tickets and accidentally knock them over into the sand, then accidentally kick some beach sand all over them, then accidentally throw some oil from the spill all over them, and announce to all of the other bystanders and onlookers that this person was selling "free" tickets, and continue to accidentally embarrass them and hurt their feelings, all while rolling video. We had planned to add a couple of days to our vacation by visiting Fairhope/Gulf Shores/Mobile before spending the week of the 4th in SGB. Can you tell we wanted to go to the concert?

and P.S.: I was not checking ebay to purchase there, but to see if, as I suspected, that is where they went...

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
way to go Ebay!! now they will just move them over to Craigslist tho.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
They're getting flagged and removed there too, and StubHub, Tickets.com, etc. I think it's the principle and purpose of the event that is causing these auction/consignment sites to take them down.

Chesney Fan

Beach Comber
Dec 28, 2009
I was on at 10 AM and entered my criteria, already signed in to my Ticketmaster account, and it told me I could expect to wait, 9, then 10, then 11, 12, 15 minutes and finally told me they were unable to locate any tickets int eh combination I had requested, and by the time I checked ebay around 10:20, there were at least 7 sets available for purchase on there. I'm not a violent person, but if I were, I think it would be humorous to go up to someone scalping "free" tickets at the venue with a video camera, engage them in a conversation about selling "free" tickets and accidentally knock them over into the sand, then accidentally kick some beach sand all over them, then accidentally throw some oil from the spill all over them, and announce to all of the other bystanders and onlookers that this person was selling "free" tickets, and continue to accidentally embarrass them and hurt their feelings, all while rolling video. We had planned to add a couple of days to our vacation by visiting Fairhope/Gulf Shores/Mobile before spending the week of the 4th in SGB. Can you tell we wanted to go to the concert?

and P.S.: I was not checking ebay to purchase there, but to see if, as I suspected, that is where they went...
:clap:I know A LOT of people who feel the same way, and who knows, maybe these low life scumbags will get what they deserve. :lolabove: This is just too funny though! Thank you