• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
Landon Donovan followed a shot by Beazley in added time.

Another obvious goal was disallowed but this vicotry sent Slovenia home so everything is right.

We are on top of the group.

Woo Hoo!:clap:

Should be "knock out" round...still excited.

US98 Sports

Beach Lover
Apr 11, 2010
Followed a shot by Clint Dempsey (Texas), which was passed to the middle by Jozy Altidore (New Jersey, via Haitian Parents) on the right wing, which was passed to him down the wing by Landon Donovan (California), which was started by Tim Howard (New Jersey, and manages pressure situations quite well, even with Tourette Syndrome) chucking the ball over half the field to Landon's feet to start the fast break counter-attack.

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, and unbelievably dramatic in the 92nd minute. If you are not a fan and supporter of the US Soccer Team after watching the match today, there is no hope for you.

THE YANKS ARE HERE!!!

YouTube - Landon Donovan - GOAL ! - USA vs. Algeria [1-0] 1080p HD - USA advances - Fair Use Non Profit

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
The US showed great character all through the group. I'm glad we drew Ghana. Getting revenge for 06 and their phantom penalty is great motivation.

We have got to finish better. Altidore had a great chance he sailed over the bar, and the rebound chance by Dempsey later in the game, really that was a criminal miss. If we can get better finishing we can get to the semi-finals IMO. We can definitely beat Ghana, and then we could definitely beat South Korea or Uruguay. Honestly if this team plays well and gets some breaks, who knows?

I'm glad to see a thread on this. I am a big soccer fan. Watch the English Premier League closely and have been following the World Cup religiously. Go USA!

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
Since getting hooked in 1998 I am a huge World Cup fan.

I follow Team USA soccer during international matches.

"IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, and unbelievably dramatic in the 92nd minute. If you are not a fan and supporter of the US Soccer Team after watching the match today, there is no hope for you."

None whatsoever, leave me alone.

US98 Sports

Beach Lover
Apr 11, 2010
Gutted.

Still, hope as many as possible will continue to enjoy the remaining matches. Much more excitement and thrills remain to be experienced, even if not by Team USA.

The Yanks Are Coming.....Home. Cheers to their efforts!