• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
good crowd

I'd guess that N Ryan is more than 40%....a lot of the rental houses are occupied....and there are maybe 6-8 that are currently non-rental and most of them are empty right now. Even with all the families here it is very quiet and a great crowd!! Expecting to see more arriving over the next 3-4 days....can't wait to have another FABULOUS 4th in Summer's Edge!!!!!!:love:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Just about full today. I only counted two with rental signs and no cars out front. We've got folks from Georgia, Alabama, Lousiana, Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and one now-de-desiccated car from Arizona. They've probably soaked up humidity like a cactus, and will now be able to survive the remainder of the summer back home. :beach:

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Considering the heat, late July, oil, and everything else, Summers Edge and Chelsea Loop are still quite full. I'd say 80% on both. Oddest thing, though, the vacationers aren't making nearly as much noise as they used to. I can still smell them cooking out every night, though.

I've been spying at Summer's Edge. Either some of the homes are accommodating more guests than the advertised max and are using my sister's yard as their parking places, or else people who rent/live a distance away are just parking there to get to the public beach access nearby because cars are EVERYWHERE. The two of us (one vehicle) were the only guests at my sister's house and parked in her driveway, yet people were parked all over her lawn. :pissed:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
beach runner i'm worried about that problem as my neighborhood is being built out. i'm noticing many rentals have 3-4 cars.i'm going to make some type of aparatus to not allow them to park in front of my home or in front of my home. what do people do at summers edge to prevent it?

beach runner i'm worried about that problem as my neighborhood is being built out. i'm noticing many rentals have 3-4 cars.i'm going to make some type of aparatus to not allow them to park in front of my home or in front of my home. what do people do at summers edge to prevent it?
If it were my property, I would first call the sheriff's office and ask them to remove the trespassers. If that didn't work, I'd print up huge stickers that are difficult to remove and attach them to the driver's side of windshield of the vehicles parked in my lawn. If that didn't work, I would call the sheriff's office and have the vehicles towed.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Ryan Street and Chelsea Loop were pretty full up for Labor Day. Hope everyone else had a good turnout, too. We were in Rosemary on Sunday afternoon and it was busy, so I'd assume that Seaside, WC, and Grayton were hopping, too.

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
The weather and sunsets we're ideal. Even the June grass receded

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL

Technically/legally, street spots in front of SE homes are public so no homeowner can do anything about it other than try and enforce parallel parking or no double parking etc. Most homes anywhere only "own" their driveway spot.