• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
SWGB,

Very wise suggestion, I'll quietly take care of this with the proper authorities. These officers need adversity training handling this emotional balance of people & turtles! They have a difficult job, but people are more important than turtles in my opinion. When you hear the boo, hoo's of a crying 5-year old calling her grandfather on the phone, saying he was going to take my turtle and put my Mamma in jail. Enough said:eek:

Tom

I'm sorry if I implied that you should be quiet. Given the circumstances I'd be on top of One Seagrove with a bullhorn. I guess I should have added that an investigation should be opened in case this person was not who they said they were.

If he looked like this, then he's definitely not a LEO.

Powell.jpg

flowerfriendly

Beach Comber
May 4, 2010
I'm glad he didn't come looking for these turtles at my house.
now this is just downright funny!!!! my first laugh of the day -thank you! i'm not making light of the situation, personally i agree completly with the mother-no teeth or lead sounds reasonable to me. good luck finding this jackass.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I like this answer.

Sounds like the scenario I outlined above is exactly what happened. As ASH said, this was not some "turtle police" or Turtle watch volunteer. This sounds like it was a F&G officer following up on a report of someone possessing an endangered species. With dead and dying turtles washing up on our shores due to that oil and it also being prime nesting season, sounds like he was just doing his job. I am sure that he would have been happy to provide his badge and other credentials if asked.

Was he carrying a gun? They are State Police Officers and in uniform are armed like all other Police and Deputies. If not packing, then probably not a State officer.

Also an inquiry to FDLE, who control the FCIC system in Florida, can find out if your tag information was requested, what agency and what time it was requested, then that agency has records of who there requested the information.

Last edited:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
wrobert, you are correct and I should've read more closely.

If they had been on duty, they would've in uniform. I'm sure too that if off duty, they would've still had their credentials.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
What's up with the fellow in the mug shot?

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Whew!

I'm glad I read the article, from the title I had visions of little Sea Turtles drssed like law officers marching about the dunes.:D

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Quote de 30ABandMan
Recently arrested (locally) for attempting to impersonate a LEO.

That's sad. I've been familiar with him for about 6 years and he always seemed like a great kid. He's had hopes of going to the LEO academy for quite some time. I have seen him riding with several of the local agencies. I'm sure this will dash any hopes he had of working with any of them. Sucks :-(

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Quote de 30ABandMan
Recently arrested (locally) for attempting to impersonate a LEO.

That's sad. I've been familiar with him for about 6 years and he always seemed like a great kid. He's had hopes of going to the LEO academy for quite some time. I have seen him riding with several of the local agencies. I'm sure this will dash any hopes he had of working with any of them. Sucks :-(

Well he's definitely involved with Law Enforcement now.