• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Our daughter has made a 4th of July cake every year since she was a small child. A white cake (sometimes with red and blue Funfetti) with white icing in a rectangular glass casserole dish. Blueberries for the inverse of the stars, and raspberries or cherries for the bars.

This year she found a new design, {So Wonderful, So Marvelous}: Fourth of July Let Them Eat Flag Cake . She is making this cake on Saturday. We gave her and her new husband our badges for the Peachtree Road Race so they can start a new tradition (and since hubby and I are still worn out from getting the house ready for their wedding reception on June 19). After they run the PRR, we are having lunch and the cake for dessert. I can't wait to see it!

Right up her alley as a great artist and a great cook. Now she is dreaming up designs for festive cakes for other holidays and special occasions (like a cake such that when you slice it, the cross section is a Valentine). :love:

Hope you all have a happy Fourth of July!

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Our daughter has made a 4th of July cake every year since she was a small child. A white cake (sometimes with red and blue Funfetti) with white icing in a rectangular glass casserole dish. Blueberries for the inverse of the stars, and raspberries or cherries for the bars.

This year she found a new design, {So Wonderful, So Marvelous}: Fourth of July Let Them Eat Flag Cake . She is making this cake on Saturday. We gave her and her new husband our badges for the Peachtree Road Race so they can start a new tradition (and I since hubby and I are still worn out from getting the house ready for their wedding reception on June 19). After they run the PRR, we are having lunch and the cake for dessert. I can't wait to see it!

Right up her alley as a great artist and a great cook. Now she is dreaming up designs for festive cakes for other holidays and special occasions (like a cake such that when you slice it, the cross section is a Valentine). :love:

Hope you all have a happy Fourth of July!

Thanks!! I showed this to my daughter and she is going to try it also :wave:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I love it! I'm too lazy to try it this weekend, but post pics. Love that blog too. I bookmarked it for future reference.