• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CChandler

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok
If I had $10 million bucks I'd totally buy the Seagrove Villas & Motel! Driving by it every day, I fell in love with the place- I love the retro 50's feel of it. Even my dad was talking about how neat it would be to own it. (Note, neither of us have even $1 million to contribute :lol:)
But looking at the property on 360 properties, I can kinda see why it hasn't done as well. The motel really needs redecorating :roll:. They've done a great job with the cottages- maybe next trip out there we'll rent one.
But yea, from the pictures on 360, the motel could use some help. How fabulous it would be to hit up Target and take care of that :lol:

Anyways, just dreaming here, but if I come across $10 million in the near future, it's mine!!!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Great Motel! I stayed there in 19 hundred and 88 with my boyfriend, who is an architect. He still talks about how wonderful it is and its 'bones.'

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Snellsburg, GA
www.myfloridacottage.com
I like the neon

I love the neon at the Villas

Neon1.jpg

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
If I had $10M, I'd build a new home on the property of my choosing and put the other $9.6M in a reasonably safe investment portfolio......

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
If I had $10 million bucks I'd totally buy the Seagrove Villas & Motel! Driving by it every day, I fell in love with the place- I love the retro 50's feel of it. Even my dad was talking about how neat it would be to own it. (Note, neither of us have even $1 million to contribute :lol:)
But looking at the property on 360 properties, I can kinda see why it hasn't done as well. The motel really needs redecorating :roll:. They've done a great job with the cottages- maybe next trip out there we'll rent one.
But yea, from the pictures on 360, the motel could use some help. How fabulous it would be to hit up Target and take care of that :lol:

Anyways, just dreaming here, but if I come across $10 million in the near future, it's mine!!!

Make an offer. :D

You would really like St. Pete Beach. :cool:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I understand what CChandler is saying. I have stayed there 4 different times. I used to always drive by it and was intrigued by it's look. Love the retro sign. The first time I stayed there I was on my way down there in my car and was with my daughter and we decided to get there in 1 day instead of stopping. I called information and got their number and they left a packet for me to pick up. We got there about midnight and dumped our things in our room and went out to lay in one of their hammocks and were in heaven. The next morning I went to the office to officially check in and I was reading about all of the people who had been coming there for years. I thought some investor bought it a few years ago which made me sad and then it appeared someone else bought it and was redoing it and now it seems it is for sale again??????? I remember coming there 1 year and there had been a hurricane which had erroded the beach there and the walk over was taken out but it was being replaced. It is the most lovely place and I hope someone with $$$ (CChandler??) will buy it and treat it the way it deserves to be treated.

CChandler

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok
If I had $10M, I'd build a new home on the property of my choosing and put the other $9.6M in a reasonably safe investment portfolio......

Haha playin it safe I see! This would totally be my husband's answer too:lol:

Kurt, thanks for the St. Pete's recommendation- just researched it and there's some fantastic motels down there! Will have to plan a trip out that way one day...
I also think Four Mile Village is really neat.. as well as the random brick beachfront homes in Seagrove Beach. I looked up the cost of one of them...still $2 million:shock:

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
If I had $10 million for a beach house, I'd buy a "cottage" on Sea Island, GA. Yes, the beaches stink compare to the Panhandle, but the privacy and exclusivity make up for that.

When you have to use the word "stink" in the description of someplace "exclusive", it loses its allure......for me anyway. And I'm no prima dona!

When you have to use the word "stink" in the description of someplace "exclusive", it loses its allure......for me anyway. And I'm no prima dona!
You know how the Atlantic beaches are in that area, right? The sand and the water don't come close to being as pretty as they are (and hopefully stay) in this part of the FL Panhandle. But Sea Island doesn't have traffic and has no businesses except for The Cloister resort.