• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Any holiday weekend, especially the 4th and new years, my neighborhood by Eastern Lake sounds like downtown Beirut. There must've been some sort of cease fire called because I haven't heard hardly anything!

I usually regard all of the illegal fireworks as an inconvenience buy I have to admit, I sorta miss it. :-/

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Any holiday weekend, especially the 4th and new years, my neighborhood by Eastern Lake sounds like downtown Beirut. There must've been some sort of cease fire called because I haven't heard hardly anything!

I usually regard all of the illegal fireworks as an inconvenience buy I have to admit, I sorta miss it. :-/

Agreed, from another Eastern Lake area resident. Only a couple of little displays last night. For all the cars at the nearby rentals, not a lot of the usual non-fireworks racket, either. Maybe part of it is having the 4th weekend split by the Saturday check-in/check-out routine. Let's see how it goes tonight and tomorrow. Let's go folks, how bout a little celebration?

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Exactly! Where's my free entertainment? :)

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Exactly! Where's my free entertainment? :)

I'm hearing lots of fireworks right now -- 8:48 pm, July 4. I'm up on the end of North Lake Drive...sounds like they're coming from down about One Seagrove Place. With all the rain, I haven't bothered to venture out tonight after getting home from DeFuniak for the parade up there this afternoon.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Well, I guess that's gonna wrap it up for the night. We heard just a smattering and that's been it. They didn't even make it 'til midnight :-/

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
I watched the fireworks down by One Seagrove place with my family and it seemed decent. This was at about 9. There were I think 3 different groups shooting them off.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I'm hearing lots of fireworks right now -- 8:48 pm, July 4. I'm up on the end of North Lake Drive...sounds like they're coming from down about One Seagrove Place. With all the rain, I haven't bothered to venture out tonight after getting home from DeFuniak for the parade up there this afternoon.

I missed you at the parade. It seemed a little small to me, the turn out, not the parade for the 4th at the lake, but many wait until dark to come and I was done taking photos by then.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
The Seaside show fizzled. Potential for rain hampered the music, and the fireworks display was not near the blow-out that was touted....there was no "crecendo", so there was a stunned silence once everyone realized that the fireworks show was over.

BTW, I'm no engineer, but know just enough to sense that Seaside should raise the elevation of the bottom of the "pit" around the stage since the recent rains raised the groundwater level such that it caused a huge pool to form and be retained in that area. The kids loved it, but it isn't conducive to a good time for those visitors and locals alike, who dress their kids and selves in all-white.

mmpat

Beach Crab
Mar 17, 2009
I don't know the "local" who staged the show close to Dunes of Seagrove, but if you're reading or if you know who it was... THANK YOU!!!! It was great. My family thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that this is your "traditional" spot because I'm returning to watch next year :)

Mightyern

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
I've never seen such a lack of people at Grayton on the 4th! Compared to last year I would say maybe, big maybe, there were 1/4 of the number of people out. Definetly not the huge crowds and crazy party of years past. We still had a great time though and didn't have to fight for a spot!