• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Freedom in the Grace of the World | CommonDreams.org
The more we divorce ourselves from nature, the more we permit the natural world to be exploited and polluted by corporations for profit, the more estranged we become from the essence of life. Corporate systems, which grow our food and ship it across country in trucks, which drill deep into the ocean to extract diminishing fossil fuels and send container ships to bring us piles of electronics and cloths from China, have created fragile, unsustainable man-made infrastructures that will collapse. Corporations have, at the same time, destroyed sustainable local communities. We do not know how to grow our own food. We do not know how to make our own clothes. We are helpless appendages of the corporate state. We are fooled by virtual mirages into mistaking the busy, corporate hives of human activity and the salacious images and gossip that clog our minds as real. T
Interesting article; seems relevant to our times.

Last edited:

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Explains why I've allowed myself to follow my urges to learn how to make stuff, grow food, etc. I'm here to tell you it is hard to grow food in sand. You gotta make dirt first! I am only 1.5 generations off the farm, and have always wanted to go back to it except my family sold the farm when great grandmother died. Dang!