• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
We were wondering where the best place to find Apalachicola Oysters is in SoWal. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated! :wave:

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
:DDo you want to shuck your own or sit down and be served?:D
We get a box from Buddy's seafood at the intersection of Hwy 79 and 98 in PCB on our way to 30a. Or, sometimes we get from Shrimpers. Best as I can tell, the same truck delivers all along the route. Hurricanes happy hour is great for sitting down and letting someone do the work for you.

Love me some Appalach oysters.

p.s. Be prepared for sticker shock this week. Lots of oyster folks are now working for BP instead of harvesting oysters.

bsullie

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Seacrest Florida
We were wondering where the best place to find Apalachicola Oysters is in SoWal. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated! :wave:

You can get boxes of fresh, unshucked oysters at Goat Feathers. They are all from Apalachicola. They'll sell you as many as you want - just ordered 3 dozen for the family.:D

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Thank you for the replies. Tim the one in our tribe that was asking found them for $5.00 a dozen at Goatfeather's Restaurant today. He said they had them for this price before 6:00pm. He said the 2 dozen he ate today were wonderful!

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Dusty's on Front Beach Road about a long block west of Pier Park's restless (and chain driven) hubub. Cold oysters from the Apalchicola oyster beds, colder beers and friendly staff. Two dozen and a cold Bud for under $15 at 11am last week. Yum, burp, er, yum....