• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
CChandler, I bet you could get Darlene to run the place for ya. :D

You Betcha!

I have spent 11 wonderful vacations at Seagrove Villa's and Motel. I can tell you that if I win the lottery, it is MINE!!!! :wave:;-)

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
If I had 10 million I would give 8 million away and live off the interest of 2 million a year. I would simply travel and surf all over the world!

At todays interest rates you would be lucky to support your family on that 2 mil.......let alone travel the world and surf !! !;-)

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Put me on your list of give-away recipients, Bobby! Or at least let my wife and I be your personal valets as you travel (somebody has to take care of all those pesky day-to-day details!)...

I thought this thread was about "if I had $10 million to spend on vacation property."

If I had $10 million dollars to spend on whatever I wanted to spend, I'd take care of all of our debts. Then I'd give a named gift to The University of Florida for Alzheimer's research with a plaque at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, a named gift to Tulane University, a named gift to the institution at which I am a professor, and an anonymous gift to our church. The remainder would be invested in our daughter's trust fund and other charities.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I thought this thread was about "if I had $10 million to spend on vacation property."

If I had $10 million dollars to spend on whatever I wanted to spend, I'd take care of all of our debts. Then I'd give a named gift to The University of Florida for Alzheimer's research with a plaque at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, a named gift to Tulane University, a named gift to the institution at which I am a professor, and an anonymous gift to our church. The remainder would be invested in our daughter's trust fund and other charities.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:I hope that you win!:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:I hope that we're a close second!:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
At todays interest rates you would be lucky to support your family on that 2 mil.......let alone travel the world and surf !! !;-)

There are enough good dividend paying companies and corporate bonds available even in markets like this. If properly invested 2 mil in the bank would provide a very comfortable life style. (@ 7%, that's 140K a year.) Most could survive off as little as 500K (25K in income and 10K to cover inflation). I think once you've hit the 500K mark, w/no debt, you're in great shape. Anything above that is icing on the cake.

Last edited: