• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
Grammatical errors tend to annoy me but I've never felt the need to slam someone, especially a child for their style of writing. That's just wrong. But it takes all kinds of people to make this world go round....

Like most threads on this website, the original subject seems to be a thing of the past with all the off-topic posts.

My purpose for replying was just to say that I believe the original poster was 100% WRONG for taking this dog out of the area. It breaks my heart to think that if my dog escaped for just an hour that I could be out driving around looking for her while she's inside someone's condo, soon to be packed up and taken away. Hopefully there is more to the story like they posted "found" signs on every street corner and didn't leave for at least two weeks after they kidnapped her. Sadly, this is not the first dog kidnapping I've heard of. The other was a found dog that went straight to TN with no efforts to locate the owner, because they must not be responsible if the dog is loose. :bang:

SedaGurrl

Beach Crab
Jul 16, 2010
I have been checking this board daily to get updates on the conditions, as we are staying in Rosemary for the 4th- Today I decided to check out this post about the chocolate lab to see whether or not the "owner" was found.... and I must say that I, too hope that JESSIE HAS FOUND A LOVING HOME IN JACKSONVILLE AND WILL BE STAYING THERE! Here's why:

1. As it has been said several times, "Anniet"and "Gravy- whatever", both seem to have issues controlling their volatile tempers. That in itself makes me scared for poor Jessie. I don't care how old you are, how hormonally charged you are or what's going on in your life-- if someone found either of my dogs and was KIND enough to take them in where it is nice and cool, give them clean drinking water instead of looking the other way I would be on my knees kissing the ground they walk on! There would not be enough "thank yous" that I could offer. You should be a little more appreciative.

2. Covered in fleas "if you let them go outside"? You are joking right? Most dogs do go outside to do things like potty, sniff the grass, chase squirrels, etc. I have 2 Great Danes that are indoor dogs but when it's not too hot they like to be outside to nap in the sun and do the things I mentioned above. I would challenge you to find one flea on my dogs. You won't. It's called TAKING CARE OF YOUR DOG! Flea control, heartworm preventative, etc. For some reason I can't imagine, Jessie ever being treated for either until she was found on the beach.

3. You love your dog but Jacksonville is just too far. I am so sorry but I don't know anywhere that would be "too far" for the dog lovers I know. Personally, I think you are too young and immature to "own" a dog. Yes, I know... you don't care what I think. Did I mention that I hope Jessie stays in Jacksonville?

4. You said that Jessie had a collar on but no tags. May I ask, what's the point? It certainly couldn't be that you are walking Jessie everyday, right? Most dogs that get exercised are healthy & fit but you mentioned that she was so overweight that a car wouldn't hit her. Sweetie, let me offer you some information about animal control regulations. If you own an animal, which you say you do, you are required to keep them up to date on vaccines, primarily rabies. You are also required to have proof of this by having the rabies tag on the collar. You must keep them restrained in a fenced in yard and on a leash when in public ( which I am sure you do whenever you walk poor overweight, Jessie) & not let them run loose. Are you aware that as the owner you could be fined for not complying with these regulations? Bet you didn't know these things. Oh yeah, you're only 13 how are you supposed to know.... like I said, too young to own a dog!

Whenever I come across anything having to do with an innocent animal, particularly dogs that are not well cared for, it sets me right off. I can only, pray that Jessie ends up where she will be taken care and live the rest of her years playing, going for long walks, swimming ( as I know labs are "water dogs"), eating yummy food and resting at the feet of someone that will love her unconditionally. I have a book somewhere with quotes about dogs and the only one I ever remember is " Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole"-----

Good luck, sweet Jessie!

WHOA! thats wayyyyy too harsh. I'm anniet and gravy not oatmeal's best friend! And, you have to understand that anniet is worried about Jessie. Listen, you can't judge her like that. You are soooo WRONG to say that 13 isn't old enough to take care of a dog! I'm just saying. I have taken good care of my dog since i was 10. Jessie is a great, sweet dog because anniet and her family took care of her. It's really rude to say something like this. You should know that anniet is a great dog owner. You don't even know her and you're already think you know everything about her! Yes, it is nice that the people from Jacksonville took care of Jessie while she was away. But, it's another thing to *REFUSE* to give the dog back. Do something better with your life than trashing people you don't know. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.