• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
In process of moving down to South Walton to live in my daughter's guest house. She feels I may need to be looked after. I'm still alert, still kicking, just not as high. I love the chance to interact with folk on this site and with limited means of travel, and if you talk with my daughter, limited movement period, this will be a great source to interact with and keep up with things going on in my new community. Thanks for allowing this old lady to join. Should be in the area by August 8th. Until then will be checking out all of the different forums and message centers.

EDGY

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
I
Thanks for allowing this old lady to join. Should be in the area by August 8th. Until then will be checking out all of the different forums and message centers.

Edgy, sounds like you might had a lot in common with my Mom. She was also a handful, a loving handful that kept me on my toes the last two years of her life. She was a smoker, and I was always so fearful that she was going to burn down the house. She fought me when I tried to protect her...she called me controlling and sometimes even used the B word. I know it must be frustrating to feel that your rights are being taken away..but I am sure your daughter has your best interests at heart. You are lucky that you seem to have computer and internet skills so you can cruise the world from your very own home. My mother never did master the computer, not even email. I think that you will meet some folks on this site, consider me your first one...I want to wish you again a big welcome to our area. :wave:

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
welcome!!
wave.gif

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
In process of moving down to South Walton to live in my daughter's guest house. She feels I may need to be looked after. I'm still alert, still kicking, just not as high. I love the chance to interact with folk on this site and with limited means of travel, and if you talk with my daughter, limited movement period, this will be a great source to interact with and keep up with things going on in my new community. Thanks for allowing this old lady to join. Should be in the area by August 8th. Until then will be checking out all of the different forums and message centers.

EDGY

Welcome Grammy - I sure am enjoying your posts :wave:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Hi Grammy1

you will love this area. The people are so nice and that is why I moved here from New Orleans. My mother passed about 6 years ago and i miss her terribly. She was my best friend. You are blessed to have a daughter who loves so much and now that you can spend more time with. I live here now for 3 months and don't know many people here yet. I would be happy as can be to help you and your daughter in any way I can. If she is too busy and you want to go somewhere, perhaps i could take you or just keep you company. If you like dogs I have the frienliest little chihuahua you will ever meet. He is not mean like most. you and he would fall in love. I do not work (AM TRYING TO GET A PET SITTING SERVICE STARTED HERE) at all and don't see me getting too much with all the oil stuff going on. We would be helping each other because I am pretty bored to be hnest. I am 53 so I am not a kid and would love to make a new friend. You sound like a lovely lady and I hope you will keep in touch with me. My name is BRENDA and I am on this site a whole lot!! I am looking forward to meeting you when you arrive. Believe me it is a great place.:love:

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A

EDGY

Sure hope you will be happy here. It's a great place to live and people are so nice and friendly.