• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I attended the Rain Barrel Workshop Thursday night sponsored by the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance and the Walton Co. Extension Service, along with three Master Gardeners. There was a very informative presentation, then each of us was able to outfit our barrel with a faucet, overflow hose and drain to keep trash and leaves out of the water. All of this for $40! Don'[t know if anyone has priced these rain barrels, but if you have, you know this is a steal! Rain Barrels are a good way to catch rain water for watering the garden/grass. I highly recommend the Workshop. Next one is August 3 and there will be more in October. Call 267-1888 to register.

Thanks CBA and WalCo IFES..:clap:

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
I attended the Rain Barrel Workshop Thursday night sponsored by the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance and the Walton Co. Extension Service, along with three Master Gardeners. There was a very informative presentation, then each of us was able to outfit our barrel with a faucet, overflow hose and drain to keep trash and leaves out of the water. All of this for $40! Don'[t know if anyone has priced these rain barrels, but if you have, you know this is a steal! Rain Barrels are a good way to catch rain water for watering the garden/grass. I highly recommend the Workshop. Next one is August 3 and there will be more in October. Call 267-1888 to register.

Thanks for this info. We had a rain barrel when I was just a wee thing. My sweet Granny used it for washing our hair.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007

What time on Tuesday?