• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jwoodruff84

Beach Comber
Apr 17, 2008
Next to a beer and a computer.
Hello all. For the last few weeks I've been doing computer repair and maintenance for friends and family, trying to get an idea for the demand of such work around here. Since I seem to have a knack for it, I figured I would post here and offer my services to all my fellow Sowalians. I charge by the hour, plus parts depending on the severity of the problem. Usually takes me around 24 hours to figure out and fix the issues that plague your machine. Please send me an email with your name and a phone number I can reach you at, and will get back to you promptly to set up a time where I can come pick up said hardware. Look forward to hearing from you, and looking forward to providing a better alternative than the big boys you're forced to use now.

Justin Woodruff

KineticEnt

Beach Lover
May 16, 2010
Glad to see you're getting the word out finally.

Justin has worked on two of my computers that were giving me trouble. Both of which I use on a regular basis to run by business. Needless to say, I needed them back as quickly as possible. One of them I had back in less than a full work day and the other took about 2 days. I did not miss any scheduled gigs and was back on track in less time than expected. I also didn't have to work for a month to pay the bill!

Thanks again for being a local that wants to help other locals.

Tim Haney
Kinetic Entertainment

Hello all. For the last few weeks I've been doing computer repair and maintenance for friends and family, trying to get an idea for the demand of such work around here. Since I seem to have a knack for it, I figured I would post here and offer my services to all my fellow Sowalians. I charge by the hour, plus parts depending on the severity of the problem. Usually takes me around 24 hours to figure out and fix the issues that plague your machine. Please send me an email with your name and a phone number I can reach you at, and will get back to you promptly to set up a time where I can come pick up said hardware. Look forward to hearing from you, and looking forward to providing a better alternative than the big boys you're forced to use now.

Justin Woodruff

Perhaps you should clarify if it takes only a day turn around on the average or if you charge by the hour and most jobs take you 24 of those charged hours to repair something! ;) Otherwise, good luck!

Jwoodruff84

Beach Comber
Apr 17, 2008
Good point Douglas! The by the hour thing only goes up to 3 hours max, depending on the work done. Mostly the 24 hours thing is to run certain tests, that can take upwards of 3 hours to do per test. So, instead of coming up with some arbitrary flat fee, I figured this gives me a little more wiggle room to come up with a fair price for the client. I had originally intended to include this in the original post, but I'm afraid the editor in me likes to strip things down a bit farther than need be.

Jwoodruff84

Beach Comber
Apr 17, 2008
I have a recently refurbished computer I have for sale. It would make a great home office computer, as well as one for a child for school work. Has Windows XP Pro on it, as well as my favorite maintenance programs (Malwarebytes, Speedfan, Everest). The GPU is about as good as you can get for PCI/AGP only motherboard, and has two 1G RAM sticks, which odds are you'll never even need that much. Asking price is $250. Contact me via PM or email if your interest.

Also, would like to give thanks to the first few people I have had the pleasure of helping out. The business is greatly appreciated.

Justin Woodruff

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
I have been using this guy for years and years....hope he doesn't get too busy that he can't work on mine when I need him to. BEST perk is that he will pick up and deliver! AND I don't have to drive to "town" to have my computer worked on...

I do have a desk top that I need you to look at, think it might be dead...but that will be up to you to tell me. You can give me a call at 850.270.3553.

Jwoodruff84

Beach Comber
Apr 17, 2008
Thanks for the plug Lisa! And thanks to everyone that's been calling and giving me their business. Been great so far. As stated above, pick and delivery is included in my services.

Thanks again
Justin Woodruff