• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
Where would one look to find any listings for wetlands to be used for mitigation purposes? Possibly 1 to 3 acreas south of SR 20. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DuneDog said:
Where would one look to find any listings for wetlands to be used for mitigation purposes? Possibly 1 to 3 acreas south of SR 20. :dunno:
I can get you 1 acre south of 98 that is mostly standing water. Price is $320K.

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
I think you have this thread confused with the one regarding the most courageous listing prices.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DuneDog said:
I think you have this thread confused with the one regarding the most courageous listing prices.
You may be surprised at the price of mitigation land in SoWal.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DuneDog said:
Is there a way to search the MLS for mitigation Property?
not currently, and even if there were a search for that feature, many agents will not list property as wetlands, unless they have a wetlands study in their possession.

I am also looking for about 60 acres of wetlands for purchase if you know of anything. Thanks.

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
Smiling JOe said:
not currently, and even if there were a search for that feature, many agents will not list property as wetlands, unless they have a wetlands study in their possession.

I am also looking for about 60 acres of wetlands for purchase if you know of anything. Thanks.

There is some property for sale on 393 & Churchill Bayou Road. I spoke with the owner/agent the other day and he told me he also had access to a some significant wetland acreage at what seemed to be a reasonable price. I only need about two 2 acres and I think it was to small for him to mess with. You might try talking to him, his number is on the sign.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I have a question....why do you buy wetlands and what is mitigation?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DuneDog said:
There is some property for sale on 393 & Churchill Bayou Road. I spoke with the owner/agent the other day and he told me he also had access to a some significant wetland acreage at what seemed to be a reasonable price. I only need about two 2 acres and I think it was to small for him to mess with. You might try talking to him, his number is on the sign.
I assume you are refering to Kramer's property on the SW corner of that intersection. Been there done that. I like the way he bush hogged the undergrowth so you could see the water standing on the property.:bang: Let me know if it is another property to which you refer.

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
Smiling JOe said:
I assume you are refering to Kramer's property on the SW corner of that intersection. Been there done that. I like the way he bush hogged the undergrowth so you could see the water standing on the property.:bang: Let me know if it is another property to which you refer.

I don't remeber his name and I didn't walk the property. I Only spoke on the phone with him. He said it was ten acres. I did, however, come across it at this site. http://www.destin-florida-real-estate.com/commercial/409966/