• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
It will be interesting to see where he stays.

And when the motorcade gets ready to roll be ready for total shutdown of all roads near and plan accordingly.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It will be interesting to see where he stays.

And when the motorcade gets ready to roll be ready for total shutdown of all roads near and plan accordingly.

I remember when the Bush Bus came through during the '04 campaign. It came down 30-A, and stopped for about 2 minutes at Seaside. I didn't see it, but I was told he shook a few hands there, with heavily armed swat-team like guards everywhere. We waited out near Eastern Lake for a glimpse, but we think they took a detour up 395. It will be cat-and-mouse when The Big O rolls into town.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Yeah, I was there. It was Bush and McCain and they stopped for like 2 minutes on 30-A and Bush said some stuff. It wasn't even supposed to be a stop but there were a ton of people and you could see the presidential security people up above Dawsons looking out for anyone who has any ideas.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Mrs. Obama did fly into the NWFBeaches airport; and if they use the AFB, it would be Tyndall would it not? Much closer.

First Lady's motorcade moved pretty fast, but they did stop all intersection traffic on back beach road for it to get through.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Toooo funny!

There's something really cool, about this avatar!:clap:
Ned appears to be holding up well.....he looks way younger than he did in Deliverance! Maybe it's because, in the movie, he was bent over a stump.......

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
I remember when the Bush Bus came through during the '04 campaign. It came down 30-A, and stopped for about 2 minutes at Seaside. I didn't see it, but I was told he shook a few hands there, with heavily armed swat-team like guards everywhere. We waited out near Eastern Lake for a glimpse, but we think they took a detour up 395. It will be cat-and-mouse when The Big O rolls into town.
I remember that too. I also remember seeing some Bush haters with protest signs along 30A. Bet we will see some BO hater signs on this trip. Don't be surprised.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Are you really asking that Geo? Think about it. They fly in on one afternoon to ECP airport (photo opp for JOE and Obama). Then, a quick check in to a house/condo/resort in the afternoon, and change into swimwear and hit the beach for 45 minutes. Then probably out for ice cream, then dinner. Maybe a little Club La Vela, or more likely, just bed. Then wake up, another 30 minutes on the beach before flying back out and going to Martha's Vineyard. They won't have time to actually rent a beach chair set up and enjoy the beach. Vacation? ha!

Don't get me wrong. Your point isn't foreign to me. And I'm not naive enough to believe that they would have vacationed in this area were it not for the public sentiment that they should with all going on with the spill.

I guess I'm just coming from the perspective that we nail Obama for not coming and now that he's coming he's getting nailed for not "really" coming.

:dunno:

Is your timeline hypothetical or are they really only going to be here for that short of a time?

EDIT: Initially I said point is foreign to me. This was a typo. I fully intended to write that your point isn't foreign to me. Corrected above and bold

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
My question is will the Obama kids be getting in the water? Will they swim or merely walk the shoreline, careful not to get any of the "clean" ocean water on them. Better yet, will they do a water sample prior to their arrival?

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Geo said:
I guess I'm just coming from the perspective that we nail Obama for not coming and now that he's coming he's getting nailed for not "really" coming.
A president shouldn't run the country based soley upon opinion poles.