• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
A president shouldn't run the country based soley upon opinion poles.

I don't see what's the big deal. It's the heat of summer. If I didn't live here, I doubt I would vacation here this time of year. We should be happy for whatever reason, the President has either decided for himself or been influenced through telepathic mind control or whatever to pay us a visit.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
A president shouldn't run the country based soley upon opinion poles.

Agreed. But that is only one way to frame them being here.

Another is that the administration heard public opinion that a Presidential vacation on the Gulf Coast would be helpful to the area (and even to Obama politically) so they made it happen.

Same thing, different spin. Meet me in the middle?

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
Well, if they take the boat to Shell Island, they won't be disappointed, it's pure Florida panhandle. Chose Bay Point for my family plan in the "fit of oil fear" this year, and it was a good experience, something different, and a respite for me. I will never forget the expression on my niece's face. She had a dream about smiling dolphins. That encounter actually happened the next day, she jumped and smiled in the gulf saying "her dream came true"!!

Well, if they take the boat to Shell Island, they won't be disappointed, it's pure Florida panhandle. Chose Bay Point for my family plan in the "fit of oil fear" this year, and it was a good experience, something different, and a respite for me. I will never forget the expression on my niece's face. She had a dream about smiling dolphins. That encounter actually happened the next day, she jumped and smiled in the gulf saying "her dream came true"!!
Shell Island is hot as hell. They'd better take umbrellas.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It will be interesting to see where he stays.

And when the motorcade gets ready to roll be ready for total shutdown of all roads near and plan accordingly.

Couldn't be any worse than being behind a freaking golf cart on 30A.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Agreed, as is all of the Panhandle this time of year, although there was a great breeze week of my visit.... no june grass and no BP workers made it a winner for me. Sowal still always the best, and always home for me. Still wonder if this is the real location for the visit...

Perhaps, the Bay Point Marriot is a ruse... I'd keep an eye on the Red Bar just in case... Barry sittin' in with Dread Clampitt... it could happen...:cool: