• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
CK out petfinder.com, for any sign of Walt! That site is great for people wanting to adopt pets, or, finding lost pets! If you find one, you will list a "found" ad. If you've lost one, post a "lost" ad. Another great thing about the site is that you can search ALL area shelters, from their site! Good luck and please keep us posted!

Hey D,

I did get him registered on petfinder.com

Thanks!

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Any word? I'm still keeping my eyes peeled when I walk the boys. I've developed a habit of glancing at any fenced in yard... :shock:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Suggestion

At this point, I'd go ahead and place some ads, if you haven't already! The Walton Sun and the Northwest Florida Daily News, would be the obvious. I rescued a Jack Russell on the side of a very busy road, west of Mobile, AL. Long story short... I never paid attention to the "lost pet" section of the newspaper, until then! I had already taken the pet to the area shelter, because I couldn't keep him with me. I'd done this on numerous occasions, while I worked on locating their families, or finding a loving home! The shelter ALWAYS knew that he the pet wasn't to be touched or adopted out, while I was involved!

I happened to see an ad for a lost pet, from MS! I contacted them and they'd had their baby stolen, while being left with, a so called friend! They'd had several people think that they'd found their pet, only to realize it wasn't! By description, it sounded just like him! The husband came next morning after working all night, driven by his sister. It was their family pet and they're all reunited! We can make a difference, if we try to do the right thing!:clap:

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Has Walt the doggie not been found yet? :sosad: I know how you feel, I never found my Leo kitty but I hope you find your doggie soon. It is very frustrating.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
No NightAngel, no hide nor hair...

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Still no sign of Walt. I'm thinking he's no longer in the area. Maybe someone will see him somewhere.

Thanks for everyone's help.

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
So terribly sorry!

Unfortunately, dogs get loose, no matter how vigilant you are. The feeling is sickening. My dog, that I recently had to be put down, had gotten away from me, about 7 years ago. To this day I get nauseated, just thinking about it. I would walk them down, on their leases to a cul-de-sac , take them off their leashes and play fetch. Never had a problem, until one day, I turned around and Grunt was gone. PANIC! Called for him and nothing. Being relatively close to 30A, my fear was he had gone to the beach, in which, he would have had to cross the road. I walked to the corner at 30A and just waited, afraid if I called for him he would just come running hairy(?)scary, not knowing how to stop and look both ways. Well, my worst fear came true, here he came barreling down a drive. Saw him come a running and a van, driving entierly too fast. He made it, but, I know the van clipped his tail. I threw up and he was completely thrilled with his adventure.
I will admit , Baxter and Ellie are not chipped, but they do have harnesses with both rabies and tags made at walmart, in addition to the precious embroidered collors with names and numbers.
I love my dogs and I know you do, as well and hope he his returned to you soon!
Prayers,
Ann

leaster

Beach Crab
May 13, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that Walt has been located in Pensacola. We are on our way to pick him up as I type this. Thank you all for the prayers and support during our search.