• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Walton County: down 3% in May and 7% in June compared with 2009 - much better than feared? (Okaloosa down 17% in June)

July numbers come out in a couple of weeks - what is your guess for Walton? Mine is around down 30%.

However I think the next 12 months could be good but if you own rental property but if you're not with a company then I think we have to step up your own marketing. The competition is going to be fiercer than ever for the good properties and folks who aren't trying to lowball.

Last edited:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
abby it seems establshed renters had much of there year wrapped up by mid may when it really started hitting so the year wasn't too bad for many. but new renters like me who priced a little on the high side thinking(which it would have happened if not for the oil) that as everything filled up one would be able to fill the rental easy.i had only 1/3 of my summer booked when the oil hit and that killed me. after the oil hit it became a free for all with low ball after low ball offer. at first the offers weren't bad but i didn't bite thinking it would clear up. well i was wrong as the offers just got to the pt of being insane. what stunned me is how 100% of people asked for a big discount.what scares me is will the mindset persist into the jan-april pre summer booking season?will people not book early thinking they can get a great deal if the wait to april or amy to book? will rental owners panic and start dropping there prices in march-april to secure bookings starting a process were all must discount?i know i'll be more aggresive in trying to secure early bookings next year

Last edited by a moderator: