• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We saw Neil here in Louisville recently at the Palace. I think tix started closer to $75 and went into the $200+ for VIP seating (pre show thing, etc.)
Crosby Stills and Nash will be in Louisville the same night Neil is in PC. We would have gone but UL has a home football game.
This was only Neil's 3rd concert in the Ville. We saw him in the 90's at Farm Aid and back in the 80's in the near riot at intermission. The coroner came out and said Neil was sick and wouldn't be coming back! People started setting the chair cushions on fire! Mike and I decided we didn't want to be part of that headline. (Got 1/2 our money back.)
I did finally get to see CSNY at Indy a few years ago. I was hoping to see them once together before somebody died. I didn't make that with the Band. Saw 2 of them once before a CSN concert. Paul Butterfield was with them. He has since died as have the 2 Band members that we saw.
Ah music. At my age, we had decided to quit going to concerts - everyone was dead, too expensive, weeknights, but we saw Neil this year. And the Eagles open the new Louisville arena so we got those tix then My Morning Jacket annouced their playing there also, so we had to get them too.
Wish we could have seen Delbert McClinton when he was at Baytowne. He is so good!
(Would like to see the Bellamy Bros some time since we have enjoyed staying in their house on 30A.)
Ellen

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
They are calling this his solo Gulf Coast tour, so I'm thinking that the ticket prices are probably supplemented by BP money given to Panama City, to draw people there to spend money. I would think Neil Young tickets would otherwise be close to double that price, much like they were for Willie Nelson.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I couldn't let this event slip through the cracks............
I'm in!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Neil was good. Looks so old. Occasionally you could see the younger Neil in his face. Half the songs were old; half were new. That is how it always should be.
I will say this of all who I spoke with the only complaint (it was sold out) was the sound system. On some songs the music was too loud and distorted. That was disappointing. Otherwise great even for all of us aging hippies and some newbees. Huge crowd at the Bluegrass Brewing Company before. Great fun to have craft beer before/after a good concert at the Palace:)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Tonight in Panama City! I am just a little excited. I should google directions to the civic center- haven't been before!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
just get on 98 and go east. Turn right (south) on hwy 231 near the mall, and follow it as it turns into Harrison St, and go all the way to thru old downtown and civic center is on left next to the marina. There are scenic routes too, but that one is pretty easy.

auroracoral

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2010
so are all the tickets sold out for all the shows nearby? (PC, pcola, mobile biloxi) I cant seem to find any on ticketmaster. i waited too long:sosad: if anyone can shed any light on where there may be tickets I would be so excited.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
so are all the tickets sold out for all the shows nearby? (PC, pcola, mobile biloxi) I cant seem to find any on ticketmaster. i waited too long:sosad: if anyone can shed any light on where there may be tickets I would be so excited.

PC is sold out; but Craigs List has some offerings.