• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
This is such great news! I love happy endings. Must hear the story of the journey to Pensacola and the ability to find him there. The information may be helpful for others trying to locate lost loved ones!

Congrats! :clap:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Great news!

Wonder if the people finding him, were visiting SOWAL when they came upon, the bruiser?:clap:Let us know, ASAP!
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that Walt has been located in Pensacola. We are on our way to pick him up as I type this. Thank you all for the prayers and support during our search.
:clap:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Ok, here's the deal on finding Walt.

As you can probably tell from my pics and post, Walt spends a good bit of time around the band. The kids love him and the most of the parents seem too as well.

Yesterday, (Wednesday), I had a band parent come see me just as school was getting out. She said that she may know who has Walt and where he was. I was like, "DISH!".

She went on to tell me that a co-worker of hers, who also knows Walt, has a friend that lives in Panama City Beach. That friend's sister and brother in law live in Pensacola. Well, the friend told the co-worker that her sister from P'cola had called her and was excited about the English Bulldog they had found while on vacation in Seagrove Beach last week. That call followed her husband getting a similar call the night before from their brother in law to her saying the same thing. What makes it odd is that they only talk a couple of times a year. The had been on vacation not 20 minutes away from her sister and didn't invite them over, get the idea?

Well, the co-worker and friend from PCB were discussing it and the co-worker said "Ya know, I bet that is Dean's dog, Walt."

Long story short, they finally called me last night and after some haggling about Walt's description and e-mailing of some pictures, they relented that the dog they had was my dog. We arranged to meet at the DQ located on Scenic Hwy at the west end of the Escambia Bay Bridge on I-10.

When we got there, the fellow explained they had found Walt infront of a house on S. Gulf, we live on S. Gulf btw, and that he had followed them to their house which, was located about 50 yards from my house. They were leaving the same day they found him and after trying to find the owner, they decided it was best to take him home with them...yep.

I have my own opinion that I will keep private. Just suffice it to say that I am very thankful to have my little buddy back. I now have to go Waltproof the fence so that this doesn't happen again.

Thank you so much for your caring and support. I know he's just a dog but if you love your pets, you know it is far more than that.

P.S. If you have your dog microchipped, call your company and make sure what kind of "support" you will get from them. I have been very disapointed in the "support" given by my company. They've sucked actually and about to give them a call and tell them how much. Walt was found because we told EVERYBODY we knew, who told everyone, who told everyone ect. FaceBook and SoWal.com have been awesome.

Thanks again,

dean-

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I am so glad Walt has been found! :clap:

(As this continued I was really hoping it was yet another case of dognapping and out of area transport.)

Now, can I just say:

STOP STEALING PEOPLE'S PETS!

If you find a dog, there are 82 different agencies to call who will help reunite the dog with their owner! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO TAKE THE DOG OUT OF THE AREA!

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Ok, here's the deal on finding Walt.

As you can probably tell from my pics and post, Walt spends a good bit of time around the band. The kids love him and the most of the parents seem too as well.

Yesterday, (Wednesday), I had a band parent come see me just as school was getting out. She said that she may know who has Walt and where he was. I was like, "DISH!".

She went on to tell me that a co-worker of hers, who also knows Walt, has a friend that lives in Panama City Beach. That friend's sister and brother in law live in Pensacola. Well, the friend told the co-worker that her sister from P'cola had called her and was excited about the English Bulldog they had found while on vacation in Seagrove Beach last week. That call followed her husband getting a similar call the night before from their brother in law to her saying the same thing. What makes it odd is that they only talk a couple of times a year. The had been on vacation not 20 minutes away from her sister and didn't invite them over, get the idea?

Well, the co-worker and friend from PCB were discussing it and the co-worker said "Ya know, I bet that is Dean's dog, Walt."

Long story short, they finally called me last night and after some haggling about Walt's description and e-mailing of some pictures, they relented that the dog they had was my dog. We arranged to meet at the DQ located on Scenic Hwy at the west end of the Escambia Bay Bridge on I-10.

When we got there, the fellow explained they had found Walt infront of a house on S. Gulf, we live on S. Gulf btw, and that he had followed them to their house which, was located about 50 yards from my house. They were leaving the same day they found him and after trying to find the owner, they decided it was best to take him home with them...yep.

I have my own opinion that I will keep private. Just suffice it to say that I am very thankful to have my little buddy back. I now have to go Waltproof the fence so that this doesn't happen again.

Thank you so much for your caring and support. I know he's just a dog but if you love your pets, you know it is far more than that.

P.S. If you have your dog microchipped, call your company and make sure what kind of "support" you will get from them. I have been very disapointed in the "support" given by my company. They've sucked actually and about to give them a call and tell them how much. Walt was found because we told EVERYBODY we knew, who told everyone, who told everyone ect. FaceBook and SoWal.com have been awesome.

Thanks again,

dean-

Wow, how hard could they have looked if you were across the street? You don't just take off with someones dog to another city just because you happen to be leaving that day *sheesh* Glad you got him back though. Bet Walt was wondering what in the world was going on.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Can't have looked hard at all - the dog was microchipped and had the whole town looking for him FTLOC! :angry:

At least this dognapper didn't return him with a $$$ vet bill. :roll: