• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
So sad!

I can still see this baby's sad eyes, even when I'm not looking, at his photo!:sosad: I haven't heard anything, from her! She wanted me to remove, this thread! I just hate the idea, of not helping Max! I need a farm, for babies like him!:roll:
You hear anything else about him? I hope this is a no kill shelter he is in, or going back to. People on here have had luck in finding homes for pets usually but not for poor Max. :sosad:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Please call me!

Please email me your ph #, ASAP! I will send it to her, but, not sure if she'll respond. I already sent her a message that someone is interested, but, it may be too late. :sosad:

Diane
Where is Max? Does he still need a home? Respond ASAp!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Thx, Lady D!

Lady D,

I haven't ck'd SOWAL in a while, but, saw that you were trying to reach me, to let me know of Jack Flash's interest! I pray that it isn't, too late!

Diane

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Not looking good, for Max!

Finally heard from someone, wanting to give Max a forever home, but, it may be too late!:sosad: I heard from the people that had him and they took him back to the shelter, they got him from! I spoke with an animal control officer a few minutes ago and he felt that they wouldn't allow him, to be adopted out! They may have put him down, or plan on it! Based on his snapping at the children that had him, I guess! I have to call back in the morning, to find out. Poor Max, some dogs have problems with children, maybe he did! I'll bet that with the right family, he'll be an incredible, family member!:love: I'll keep you all, posted!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Good news! I spoke with Animal Control this morning and Max is there surrendered by owner as Diane said. They may let me get him. I will know tomorrow. They are concerned about his snapping, but I am an experienced rescuer and have trained dogs, even had a snapper. It is many times the human that is the problem, not the dog. Update tomorrow!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Good news! I spoke with Animal Control this morning and Max is there surrendered by owner as Diane said. They may let me get him. I will know tomorrow. They are concerned about his snapping, but I am an experienced rescuer and have trained dogs, even had a snapper. It is many times the human that is the problem, not the dog. Update tomorrow!

Hooray. Praying for you and Max and keeping my fingers crossed for you Max. You deserve another chance. A dog of this breed is not normally a vicious dog, I've gone up to many Shih Tzu's since I've become the grandma to a Shih Tzu named Barney, every Shih Tzu I've encountered have been very friendly, loving, and calm. Max looks a lot like our Barney. :love: Thanks so much jackflash. :D

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Thank God, for SOWALERS!

I spoke with Jackie, today and he's OK! She's feeling like they'll allow her, to adopt him and will know for sure, tomorrow! She's rescued and fostered numerous animals and wants to help, Max! I'll keep ya, posted! Thank you, Lady D, for caring! If you hadn't contacted me, I may not have been on this, to help save him! Bless you Lady D and Jackie!:clap:

Diane

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
So glad that I didn't remove, this thread!

The woman that had Max, wanted me to remove this thread and pretty much, mind my own business!:angry: Just goes to show, right is right and some things are wrong! Like I've told others on occasion, I'll help a helpless animal ANYDAY, before worrying what people think of me!;-) If people think that you can't make a difference, you can!:clap:
I can still see this baby's sad eyes, even when I'm not looking, at his photo!:sosad: I haven't heard anything, from her! She wanted me to remove, this thread! I just hate the idea, of not helping Max! I need a farm, for babies like him!:roll:

Last edited: