• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Dear Mr. Good Samaritan,

This morning you found a green wallet on top of a gas tank at a Tom Thumb in DeFuniak Springs on U.S. 331 north. You took the wallet inside and left it with the clerk. You touched nothing inside of it and did not leave your name. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you:love:

You not only saved me a week of confusion and horror trying to replace everything and having to stop accounts, you made me realize that even in the midst of the disappointment I sometimes feel over the stories of people mistreating each other over their differences, you reminded me there are many good, decent people out there that we may never meet, but are often touched by the way they treat other strangers.

God bless you and yours and if we ever meet, I'll gladly buy you a cold beer with the $10 that was in my wallet and was still there when I came back to get it. May someone show you and yours the same decency and kindness you showed me this morning should you ever need it.:love::clap::wave:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Maybe I am naive but I want to think that 90% of the population would do that...:dunno:

imo, too many might leave their name hoping for a reward of sorts. This should be simply a matter of the finder trying to get the wallet back to the rightful owner with zero thoughts of reward.

Your "finder" is the kind of person hopefully most of us are. :clap:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Maybe I am naive but I want to think that 90% of the population would do that...:dunno:

imo, too many might leave their name hoping for a reward of sorts. This should be simply a matter of the finder trying to get the wallet back to the rightful owner with zero thoughts of reward.

Your "finder" is the kind of person hopefully most of us are. :clap:

I wanted to believe as well, but in all honesty, I held out very thin hopes that it was still there as much traffic as this gas station sees and me not noticing till I started to pay at the dentist office an hour later. All I see in the very little bit of news I take in is not positive about people's behavior, and I am afraid it has jaded me until today. The clerks know me, but they said the man was not a local, so they didn't know him. I am thankful for him returning it, and for making me less jaded than before by his behavior.

upstatefl

Beach Comber
Jan 16, 2008
Dear Mr. Good Samaritan,

This morning you found a green wallet on top of a gas tank at a Tom Thumb in DeFuniak Springs on U.S. 331 north. You took the wallet inside and left it with the clerk. You touched nothing inside of it and did not leave your name. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you:love:

You not only saved me a week of confusion and horror trying to replace everything and having to stop accounts, you made me realize that even in the midst of the disappointment I sometimes feel over the stories of people mistreating each other over their differences, you reminded me there are many good, decent people out there that we may never meet, but are often touched by the way they treat other strangers.

God bless you and yours and if we ever meet, I'll gladly buy you a cold beer with the $10 that was in my wallet and was still there when I came back to get it. May someone show you and yours the same decency and kindness you showed me this morning should you ever need it.:love::clap::wave:
mmmmmmmmmmm beer it was me

Last edited:

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
Thanks very much for posting your story. We can all stand to be a "little less jaded" these days. Good news is sometimes scarce but always welcomed.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
wonderful story and outcome!:D I left a wallet with over 1000.00 in it on a table on hwy 49 some years ago. Honor box buying tomatoes. A local found it and took it to the people who had the veggie stand. I didn't notice till hours later when we were going out to eat. Long story short, the people were home from work and had my wallet with all the money in it. I simply couldn't believe it . they went on to open Shady Acres there on the site. I've traded with them ever since.;-)