• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Amber15lyn

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2009
My grandmother found this dog near her house off of Churchill Bayou Rd. while walking her other dogs. It has followed her home a few times. She has posted signs in the neighborhood, but no one has claimed their lost puppy. So "Rosco", as my daughter has named him, needs to find a great home. Here is what she says about him...

"He is an exceptional pup, just a bundle of love & affection. I'd guess him to be four to six months old. He has no bad habits, he's quiet, doesn't chew, he gets along really well with my three dogs, my grouchy old cat and three year old great-grand-daughter. "

She was going to try and take him to Alaqua, but they have a waiting list right now. She is recently retired and can't afford to take on yet another pet. So if you or anyone you know would like to meet Rosco and provide him with a forever home, please email me and I'll get you in touch with my grandmother. amber15lynn@cox.net

You can view pictures of him at
Rosco needs a home!! | Facebook

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Poor Roscoe, he looks so skinny!

Please, someone help this baby, with his forever home!:sosad: He looks like, such a lost soul!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I agree, Lady D!

There are such great animal lovers on SOWAL, he'll surely have his forever home, soon!:love:
At least he is not at the pound, he sure has pretty eyes. I think he will find a home.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Trying to help, roscoe!

I'm working on getting Roscoe ck'd, vaccinated and neutered, so that he will have a, forever home! Amber told me that people are reluctant, because of the money needed to get these things, done! I'm getting a quote from my vet (Dr Beck), at Santa Rosa Beach Animal Hospital.
Hi Amber,

I ck'd with PAWS in FWB, to see what their fees would be. They'd charge $70 for the vaccines and $80 for neutering. Now, I'm ck'ing with my vet at Santa Rosa Beach Animal Hospital, to see what they'd charge. I'm also going to do what I've never done and that is to try to get donations, to help!

I'll be in touch, soon!
Diane

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Update

I spoke with my vet, but, they're more expensive, than PAWS! I'm getting Amber to ck with the people that seemed interested, to see if they would be, if we could get his medical expenses taken care of. I'm also going to ck and see if anyone wanting to help, could pay PAWS over the phone.

Vaccines $70
Neutering $80

Kinda feel like I'm grasping at straws, but, at least I'm trying!:wave:
To: Diane Caldwell <diane_cldwll@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu, August 26, 2010 3:52:41 PM
Subject: Re: Rosco

Wow Diane you're going above & beyond!! Thank you so so so much!! She would love to keep him I can tell, but our family thinks it would be better otherwise (and deep down she knows it to). She already has 3 dogs, a cat, and a bird. She just retired due to her health conditions, and she already runs herself ragged enough!
Thanks so much again. Hopefully someone will fall in love with him real soon & act on it! :)
Amber

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I spoke with my vet, but, they're more expensive, than PAWS! I'm getting Amber to ck with the people that seemed interested, to see if they would be, if we could get his medical expenses taken care of. I'm also going to ck and see if anyone wanting to help, could pay PAWS over the phone.

Vaccines $70
Neutering $80

Kinda feel like I'm grasping at straws, but, at least I'm trying!:wave:

Diane, it is a good thing what you are doing to try and find him a home, but I am wondering if they can't afford the fees to adopt him, will they be able to afford his vet care after they adopt him? Yearly vaccines, heartworm check and prevention, flea meds? And what if he gets sick or hurt and needs care? Will they be able to take him to the vet? Just wondering. Hope he finds a good home!

Amber15lyn

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2009
Diane, it is a good thing what you are doing to try and find him a home, but I am wondering if they can't afford the fees to adopt him, will they be able to afford his vet care after they adopt him? Yearly vaccines, heartworm check and prevention, flea meds? And what if he gets sick or hurt and needs care? Will they be able to take him to the vet? Just wondering. Hope he finds a good home!

Kathy, unfortunately that's what Diane and I were thinking too. People just don't realize what it costs I guess. That's why these animals end up like this... I hope someone can give him a good home

Amber15lyn

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2009
Alaqua has actually posted him on their website through petfinder as a courtesy. Maybe that will help. Do any of you know what the S.N.A.P. program is through Alaqua? Their website says it helps Walton County residents with spaying/neutering their pets.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Great!

Let's keep our fingers, crossed!:clap: Never heard of the SNAP, program.
Alaqua has actually posted him on their website through petfinder as a courtesy. Maybe that will help. Do any of you know what the S.N.A.P. program is through Alaqua? Their website says it helps Walton County residents with spaying/neutering their pets.