• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
With sales off this much in Walton County, which traditionally has more expendable income than other counties, it would be interesting to see what counties like Okaloosa to Escambia look like for a comparable market selection. BRAC would need to be excluded from the figures if possible.

I bet Pensacola has been devistated. There are video on YouTube of their oiled beaches being forwarded around all over the place. I have friends out on California who are emailing me links asking.. "is this your beach?"

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
New Destin Hotsheet is up

Here you go guys.:wave: This weeks Destin Hotsheet. Trying to Sowal on Weekends (Sat or Sunday) and Destin mid week.

http://www.uniquepanhandleproperties.com/hotsheetdestin9-1-10.pdf

Look for Sowal over the weekend if you have interest in PCB, I will post that as well.

Also, ran a sales trend for a client in an analysis for a potential purchase of a 3BR/3BA Beachfront Condo on 30A. Since there were no recent comps, I ran all 3&4BR beachfront Condos on 30A to see where we are pricewise since last September. The data in the columns to the left are Month sold, #of Sales and Average Sq Ft Price. Here's the results of Sales of 3 & 4 Bedroom condos on 30A from 9/1/09 to 8/31/10,

http://www.uniquepanhandleproperties.com/30acondos3brup9-09-8-10.pdf

Sorry data isn't labeled but did it for internal use and just thought someone might be interested. It was interesting to me that in the last year, sq ft prices have remained relatively the same in spite of the fact that the number of sales dropped off so badly after BP came into our lives.

From the data on left - (# of sales, not sq ft price) - Interestingly, Sales jumped up as expected for the beginnning of our busy season in March. Then in the fateful month of April (AKA BP happened), sales dropped significantly. The when it was announced in June that the oil could be hitting Florida shores, the sales dropped way down to only 2 and remained only 2 in July. Remember these numbers are only 3 & 4BR Beachfront Condos. I suspect we would see this trend in all of ECAR. Maybe if I have time, will check it out. I think we would have had a great year had it not been for the spill.

Last edited: